2018 Mock 1st w/ Trades

IrishHooligan00

21 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Pass rushing and Corners are deep again this year whereas RB is my so if you can get a top RB and take care of the defense later you can

That's an awful mentality to take IMO.  The Packers have enough good, but not great CBs and EDGE.  They need a stud.  IF the Packers are in a place where they can draft Bradley Chubb or Arden Key and they don't take them, there's going to be a LOT of upset Packers fans.  There's really no way you're going to convince me (or anyone else) that the Packers would be better off taking a RB over improving their defense.  Even with Rodgers out this year, the Packers are 25th in rushing attempts.  Since 2010, they've never been in the top 10 in terms of rushing attempts.  They don't utilize the running game enough to warrant using their highest pick in years on a RB.  I like Guice, just not in the first round.

20 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Rico Allen has done nothing this year, They could use someone of Derwins ability and physicality to pair up with Keanu. 

Rico Allen has been amazing this year. He hasn't been targeted for any deep passes at all. I like Derwin, but trading up to get him is where you lose me. Would be a nickel and then maybe FS if they let Allen walk after 2018, but there's not a need for a starting FS in Atlanta at all. Especially because they love Kazee.

Wow... why wouldn't Cleveland just take Rosen 1st overall and save themselves a ton of picks? Then take Guice in the later? I like Sutton but giving up like 3 2nds for him? AND why would Philly take a WR? They have an awesome WR core already. We would be basically giving them 2 2nd rounders to move up one spot. 

Terrible. 

Sam Darnold is a better prospect than Rosen. Barkley might be good but not worth #1 overall. Sutton for 3 2nds???? Please. For those three players alone you would have us give up 2 1sts 4 2nds 2 3rds... all those picks for 3 players from a team that might go 0-16. We need a QB which we can get easily with NO TRADES and keep 7 picks to spend on other positions of need.

Here this mock is WAY better:

1# Sam Darnold - Better prospect. Same as Rosen in all categories but Darnold can extend plays and is super awesome off the field. I want a leader not a head case... (Manziel)
7# Mihcah Fitzpatrick - Best DB/CB in the draft. If Cleveland could get a lock down corner and a franchise QB in the first two picks, we will set ourselves up for success. 
33# Cortland Sutton - My fav WR in the draft. Not worth 3 2nds but I do like his size, hands, and route running. If he makes it to the 2nd... :) RB here or another WR if not.
40# OL or RB - I'd probably lean on OL here so Joe Thomas can train his eventual replacement. Coleman is a good backup but I don't see him holding the tackle position on a permanent basis. 
64# BPA or use a 4th and a 5th to trade up a few spots and take a dropping talent. - Wild card pick to finalize the Wentz trade. Spot a player that flew under teams radar because they couldn't use him and strike. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

The Chargers are going to be making the playoffs so give them a Defensive Tackle for Run Stuffing Purposes like Christian Wilkins or Da'Ron Payne, or Replace Verrett with Tavarrus McFadden

Derwin James is a top 5 pick

Baker Mayfield is not going in rd 1

Kirk Cousins is going to Jacksonville

Tyrod Taylor to Denver

Eli Manning to Arizona

Way too Low for Harold Landry

12 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Wow... why wouldn't Cleveland just take Rosen 1st overall and save themselves a ton of picks? Then take Guice in the later? I like Sutton but giving up like 3 2nds for him? AND why would Philly take a WR? They have an awesome WR core already. We would be basically giving them 2 2nd rounders to move up one spot. 

Terrible. 

Sam Darnold is a better prospect than Rosen. Barkley might be good but not worth #1 overall. Sutton for 3 2nds???? Please. For those three players alone you would have us give up 2 1sts 4 2nds 2 3rds... all those picks for 3 players from a team that might go 0-16. We need a QB which we can get easily with NO TRADES and keep 7 picks to spend on other positions of need.

Here this mock is WAY better:

1# Sam Darnold - Better prospect. Same as Rosen in all categories but Darnold can extend plays and is super awesome off the field. I want a leader not a head case... (Manziel)
7# Mihcah Fitzpatrick - Best DB/CB in the draft. If Cleveland could get a lock down corner and a franchise QB in the first two picks, we will set ourselves up for success. 
33# Cortland Sutton - My fav WR in the draft. Not worth 3 2nds but I do like his size, hands, and route running. If he makes it to the 2nd... :) RB here or another WR if not.
40# OL or RB - I'd probably lean on OL here so Joe Thomas can train his eventual replacement. Coleman is a good backup but I don't see him holding the tackle position on a permanent basis. 
64# BPA or use a 4th and a 5th to trade up a few spots and take a dropping talent. - Wild card pick to finalize the Wentz trade. Spot a player that flew under teams radar because they couldn't use him and strike. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1 Because Guice is nothing compared to Barkley. Barkley is the Best RB to come out of college since AP. Even with a QB who only read the Defense correct 2 out of 5 times on option plays, and had a bad OC who didnt call any real power I or big set running plays and a shotty O-Line. He still has 1,000+ Yards and 16 TD Rushing. 

Philly didnt draft a WR if you reread. 

Darnold hasn't shown me enough to say hes better then Rosen. Especially with how up and down and unaccurate he's been this year. Also When was the last USC QB good in the NFL lol

Drafting a QB and RB #1 and #2 would turn the Browns around immediately especially when they can fix the defense in FA. 

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Would rather have a QB or DT for Minnesota.

Thats the most shocking thing i think ive seen. You have 3 QB's who can play right now. Bradford likely gone, Keenum looking great and then Bridgewater you can resign cheap so i think you have to let that play out for next year and then maybe go QB in the draft in 2019 if nothing works out.

DT isnt an immediate need IMO, they have a stellar defense but there O-Line in like swiss cheese. 

1 hour ago, chargerbuckeye said:

The Chargers are going to be making the playoffs so give them a Defensive Tackle for Run Stuffing Purposes like Christian Wilkins or Da'Ron Payne, or Replace Verrett with Tavarrus McFadden

Derwin James is a top 5 pick

Baker Mayfield is not going in rd 1

Kirk Cousins is going to Jacksonville

Tyrod Taylor to Denver

Eli Manning to Arizona

Way too Low for Harold Landry

Eli Manning to Arizona

Eli Manning is not going to Arizona. Don't know what you're smoking. We already have a declining, brittle QB.

59 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

1 Because Guice is nothing compared to Barkley. Barkley is the Best RB to come out of college since AP. Even with a QB who only read the Defense correct 2 out of 5 times on option plays, and had a bad OC who didnt call any real power I or big set running plays and a shotty O-Line. He still has 1,000+ Yards and 16 TD Rushing. 

Philly didnt draft a WR if you reread. 

Darnold hasn't shown me enough to say hes better then Rosen. Especially with how up and down and unaccurate he's been this year. Also When was the last USC QB good in the NFL lol

Drafting a QB and RB #1 and #2 would turn the Browns around immediately especially when they can fix the defense in FA. 

1 - A potential Franchise QB is greater than a RB.  If you like Rosen better than Darnold then so be it. Take him at #1. Don't risk a bidding war with a team that does not need a QB. I am not willing to trade away the whole 2019 draft to take a guy we could have already drafted. As for Barkley, 49ers are not going to draft him. They don't want him. NYG needs a QB. At 4th overall, Barkley could easily be there. I can name 6 guys after our QB that I would take in a heartbeat. I am 100% perfectly fine with sitting back and not trading our first next year, which knowing my Browns will be another top 10 along with a bunch of other picks. Not a smart trade for a historically bad team. 

1a - Just stay at wherever Houston's pick lands or trade back again if a player we wanted is gone. We save and or gain a bunch of picks and still end up with a player we wanted.

2 - Why are we trading 3 2nd round picks to move 1 spot if philly has NO plans on taking Sutton? If someone else wants him for that high of a price then so be it. For a team as historically bad (there's that term again) losing 3 2nd round picks for one guy is a terrible move, especially when it is to move up 1 spot. 

In short 8 picks 2 1sts, 4 2nds, and 2 3rd rounders for 3 rookie players is not how you build a team.  Go home Phil Savage, you're drunk. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

14 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

1 - A potential Franchise QB is greater than a RB.  If you like Rosen better than Darnold then so be it. Take him at #1. Don't risk a bidding war with a team that does not need a QB. I am not willing to trade away the whole 2019 draft to take a guy we could have already drafted. As for Barkley, 49ers are not going to draft him. They don't want him. NYG needs a QB. At 4th overall, Barkley could easily be there. I can name 6 guys after our QB that I would take in a heartbeat. I am 100% perfectly fine with sitting back and not trading our first next year, which knowing my Browns will be another top 10 along with a bunch of other picks. Not a smart trade for a historically bad team. 

1a - Just stay at wherever Houston's pick lands or trade back again if a player we wanted is gone. We save and or gain a bunch of picks and still end up with a player we wanted.

2 - Why are we trading 3 2nd round picks to move 1 spot if philly has NO plans on taking Sutton? If someone else wants him for that high of a price then so be it. For a team as historically bad (there's that term again) losing 3 2nd round picks for one guy is a terrible move, especially when it is to move up 1 spot. 

In short 8 picks 2 1sts, 4 2nds, and 2 3rd rounders for 3 rookie players is not how you build a team.  Go home Phil Savage, you're drunk. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1: SF will without a doubt take barkley, They have no RB next year. So you have to take him #1. 

2: Cleveland hasn't had a 1000 yard rusher since 2000, they barely reach 1500 yards a year. Barkley would change that. Guaranteed. Trading back up would be smart to get the one QB you prefer. There won't be a drastic bidding war. Giants aren't gonna move up 1 spot for a QB. 

IF you reread your not trading 3 #2's for 1 spot. 

Drafting those 3 players would change the Offense for years to come. All Young players that would thrive together. 

QB: Rosen

RB: Barkley

WR Courtland

WR Coleman/Britt

TE Njoku

If the browns ever want to turn it around they need to be aggressive Instead of always waiting and hoping to get a miracle. 

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

IF you reread your not trading 3 #2's for 1 spot. 

***Trade PHI Trades #32 (1st) to CLE for #42 (2nd) #64 (2nd) and a 2019 2nd Rounder

Ok my bad. I'll admit it. Still doesn't make it any better. 10 spots for 3 2nd round picks. yuck. 

Either way there is no way I'm coming to the dark side of the force here with this mock. 

I got my opinions (cough cough the correct ones :P ) and you have yours (wrong as they might be :|

That is all

Matercheddaar

Archived