NFL Owner rule change votes revealed

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Soko said:

A receiver wearing 0 is a meme waiting to happen.

”Hey, Calvin! How many catches did you have this week?”

FsVCiVGX0AIB31X?format=jpg&name=small

Oh, you went there instead of like “number of games Ridley plays this year after betting on the colts to win the division” 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mixed feelings on this. 

Don’t know if anybody has ever witnessed mass layoffs before, but there’s a reason you have to have security. 

That’s a LOT of guys to let go of all at once.

I don't know what was wrong with doing it in waves.  I guess it is easier for the teams to be able to do it at once.  But holy hell it will be one hectic day for NFL news.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, General Tso said:

Found my own answer.

That whole thing was silly, it’s not like they made it impossible to do…you just had to use one of your spots for it.

I think the bigger thing is just move up the amount of active players again.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

I don't know what was wrong with doing it in waves.  I guess it is easier for the teams to be able to do it at once.  But holy hell it will be one hectic day for NFL news.  

I think the issue was they didn’t have guys for the 3rd preseason game.

which easy answer just ditch it

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

I don't....at all. With the disadvantages the defense have in todays NFL I could see some teams getting jobbed. 

It’d have to be specifically reffed

It theory I like it, could make the end of games much more interesting.

Was this one that only let you do it at the end of halves? Because if it was whenever it’d be fun to try and keep your momentum going.

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Part of the issue was a first cut down reduced the roster before the last preseason game.  Then nearly all starters for a lot of teams sat out that game...20-30+ type veterans.  That left some positions short on numbers for the last preseason game.

How has no one shares this terrible change yet?

• To make handing the football forward a penalty like an illegal forward pass, proposed by the Competition Committee

This will penalize teams handing off the football forward on a read-option, for example, or any other running play a penalty. Handoffs will have to be made next to or behind the quarterback, not in front of. 

I can’t wait for these flags. 

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Mixed feelings on this. 

Don’t know if anybody has ever witnessed mass layoffs before, but there’s a reason you have to have security. 

That’s a LOT of guys to let go of all at once.

IIRC the final cut was from 80 to 53, now it will be from 90 to 53, so you just eliminated two weeks of cutting 5 players and get more time to assess your entire group.

• Like 1