NFL Owner rule change votes revealed

RaidersAreOne

I always thought expanding the game day roster to ~60 made sense. 3 quarterbacks and then you can afford to carry a kicker, punter, long snapper, and go close to 3 deep at every position.

I love the 4th and 20 proposal which will eliminate kickoffs altogether, but I worry what penalties will do to it. How do you weigh DPI, illegal contact, roughing the passer, etc.? Do you make it 4th and 15 for illegal contact? Is it 4th and 3 for a 17 yard spot foul DPI? Or is it that team automatically takes possession, which means hard pass from me.

Micah Parsons tweeted “agent 0 coming soon”, inferring he’s changing his jersey to 0. Devastating for all the #11 jerseys sold, but even more devastating for him that it’ll be the centerpiece for memes in the future when the cowboys accomplish 0 of something. 

5 hours ago, mse326 said:

That is absurd. Why not just consider it like any other forward pass? Why make it like an illegal forward pass?

It shouldn’t affect read options if all the linemen stay home, right? It’s a totally arbitrary and cumbersome rule suggestion I don’t see the point of, unless you’re getting tired of not knowing how to cover read options. I really hope this is very loosely enforced. 

26 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Micah Parsons tweeted “agent 0 coming soon”, inferring he’s changing his jersey to 0. Devastating for all the #11 jerseys sold, but even more devastating for him that it’ll be the centerpiece for memes in the future when the cowboys accomplish 0 of something. 

Im probably in the minority on this, but someone needs to tell athletes that wearing 0 isn't as cool as they think it is. It was cool and different when Gilbert Arenas did it in......2003.

• Like 1

XFL style kickoff basically eliminates the onside kick but it does make it a watchable play. Maybe you can do an Australian Rules type of kick off where your player has to come down with the ball. It shouldn't be a traditional type of NFL offensive play because that puts teams at a competitive disadvantage.

7 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So they’re not getting rid of that auto QB sneak. Can’t wait until Belichick figures out he only needs to get 6 yards on 1st down then run that play two or three times 

Why are you acting like Belichick didn't do that with Tom Brady already for almost 20 years? He did. Brady has an absurd 3rd and 1, 4th and 1 QB sneak conversion ratio, absurd!!!

Eagles just perfected it. Instead of everyone complaining,  they should be trying to figure out how to "Also" do it properly.  👌

Edited by Nabbs4u