2023 Packers Big Board #6

Packerraymond

Who is #6 on the Packers Specific Big Board?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #6 on the Packers Specific Big Board?

• Calijah Kancey
    • Devon Witherspoon
    • Myles Murphy
    • Nolan Smith
    • Lukas Van Ness
    • Bijan Robinson
    • Jaxon Smith-Njigba
    • Quentin Johnston
    • Bryan Bresee
    • Broderick Jones
    • Peter Skoronski
    • Dalton Kincaid
    • Brian Branch

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Went with Van Ness here. JSN is next, followed by Broderick. 

I agree with LVN and JSN but, man, I'm so torn on Broderick Jones.  He's athletic as hell and he's battle tested but he scares the **** out of me with how bad his technique is.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I agree with LVN and JSN but, man, I'm so torn on Broderick Jones.  He's athletic as hell and he's battle tested but he scares the **** out of me with how bad some of his technique is.

One true year as a starter knocked him down a peg for me versus a guy like Paris. I don't know enough about OL play, but some seem to be believe that Broderick could end up being the highest ceiling guy. Just some unknowns because we haven't seen a ton of him. 

I went with Robinson.  The guy is really, really good.  I hate the value of RBs, but that doesn't diminish the talent.  My next is probably Skoronski or Witherspoon, not too sure.  Very much disagree with Broderick Jones even being top 15, and also just take Brian Branch off the list.

13 minutes ago, Sandy said:

JSN is the only unicorn left.

That beats out LVN and BroJo (trademarked) for me.

Frankly, there's really no argument that if the Packers want the best player who will help them (and specifically Jordan Love) the most, especially sooner rather than later, it's JSN -- by a pretty wide margin. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sandy said:

JSN is the only unicorn left.

That beats out LVN and BroJo (trademarked) for me.

What's unicorn-ish about JSN? There's really nothing overly unique about him. If anything QJ is the unicorn at WR in this draft. JSN is just a really nice slot prospect. I'd argue we just had one in 2020 (Justin Jefferson) who was a greater talent, just not as hyped because he played on a team with Jamarr Chase.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I went with Robinson.  The guy is really, really good.  I hate the value of RBs, but that doesn't diminish the talent.  My next is probably Skoronski or Witherspoon, not too sure.  Very much disagree with Broderick Jones even being top 15, and also just take Brian Branch off the list.

The one to take of the list is Calijah Kancey.  Doesn't fit what the Packers do at all.

Broderick Jones is toward the top of the list of guys we need.  I chose JSN, but would have Jones and Van Ness as the next two.  High end talents that fit what we do.

I think Skoronski is overrated, and don't think we ever get the value out of a RB.   

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

What's unicorn-ish about JSN? There's really nothing overly unique about him. If anything QJ is the unicorn at WR in this draft. JSN is just a really nice slot prospect. I'd argue we just had one in 2020 (Justin Jefferson) who was a greater talent, just not as hyped because he played on a team with Jamarr Chase.

The movement skills like his only come out once every few drafts.

• Like 1