Week 12 GDT: Broncos @ Dolphins

BroncoSojia

Keys to the game for us to go 3-9...

1.  MIA pass rush getting pressure on Siemian - their main DL guys are Suh (duh) and Cameron Wake, and those 2 will have to generate inside and outside pressure on Siemian.  RG Leary has been grading out well overall, but when he faced Geno Atkins (not all the time) and Fletcher Cox (most of the time), he got beat a lot - hope we see the same with Suh.   Wake has to be licking his chops on this one.  This is crucial, because the LB's on the Fins are playing horribly - even worse than our ILB's (Alonso hurting or the switch to WLB has to be his reason, the other guys are JAG's, much like our roster).   

2.  MIA getting help to their CB Xavien Howard - their other starter Tankersley is young but progressing, and slot guy Bobby McCain has played the best overall - and the Fins have a great safety combo in TJ McDonald and Reshad Jones (probably the most underrated duo around IMO).  Howard is the weak link, if MIA can roll help his way, it helps them limit DT & Sanders.  The safeties and McCain are good enough I don't expect the 3rd WR or TE's to make any impact.

3.  MIA protecting Cutler long enough to pepper RB/TE...and the WR facing Langley - we are down to 3 active CB's with game experience - and Langley is one of them.  MIA should go 3-WR and keep exposing Langley (and Roby has been beatable).   Whoever our S's take out, that leaves either Orange Julius or their RB's against our horrible LB's - so that's 3 mismatches to exploit (WR's Parker & Stills vs. Roby/Langley, I expect Harris will take Landry out; whichever of RB/TE Thomas gets our LB's).   The only way MIA falls apart on O is if Cutler doesn't have time to find the mismatch.   So MIA protecting against the EDGES will be crucial.   MIA losing RT Ju'wan James 2 weeks ago hurts them in this regard.  The lack of interior pass rush with Wolfe now gone really gives a clear shot for MIA to take out the EDGES.   Cutler's always a huge wild card to fall flat on his face - praying that doesn't happen (Matt Moore, while a great backup-level guy, sucks when teams can scout for him as the starter, so good that Cutler's been cleared to play and is already announced as the starter).

4.  MIA exposing our weaker run game - no doubt with a full healthy DL, we'd be our usual very-good-to-great run D - but likely no Peko, and by the looks of it, no Wolfe.   Kerr played very well when Peko went down in-game, but the heat in MIA is going to wear him down.   I think besides the WR's and Thomas, RB Kenyan Drake, being the lead guy with Damien Williams out for multiple weeks, could have a huge breakout game in both run and receiving production.   Something to watch for.

5.  Going out east and playing the early game in heat (FLU as well) - we've now heard a bunch of guys, including Kerr & Harris, are down with the flu.   Going out for the early game, in the heat/humidity MIA has (although humidity isn't as bad now), that should wear us down, especially if MIA can win ToP.

6.   Special Teams - again, we still suck.  Hope that continues.

Vegas has us at 3 pt favorites - which given our DL issues, flu bug, is nuts.   It's still a game we could win especially if Cutler goes out (remember he's only 5 weeks removed from rib fractures, so protecting him is huge), or goes full-suck mode.   But otherwise, I'd be seeing a 27-20 type victory...for MIA.  Here's hoping.

7 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Is it? Is it?

It's kinda sad that fans from teams are now arguing which one deserves to lose more, but yet here we are.  :D

On the road, early game, our entire DL is either hurt and missing the game or now has the flu, your best D assets are DL vs. our weakest spot (OL)....and while he's not been your saviour, Cutler is miles ahead of Moore (again, a great backup, but when teams get to gameplan against him, he crumbles).    Then add to fact that no Talib means we have to start Branden Langley as a top 3 CB...man, there is no way Gase won't be licking his chops for LWR, TE and RB as matchup nightmares for us.  And because we have no interior pass rush, just account for EDGE help, and our pass rush is neutralized.  When we are on O, we have 2 weapons, DT & Sanders, and maybe Booker in the pass game (if we actually used him).   Pretty easy to account for.  Just roll help to Howard.   And getting to Siemian/whoever our QB is can be done 2-3 ways - both our T's and our LG really struggle in pass pro (and when facing elite talent, our best OL Leary has been beat consistently).   Our ST still ranks 32nd in DVOA.  So yeah....on the road, early game, jeez.  

Cutler could pull a faceplant and give you the W...but man, to count you as favorites...dunno.  Remember the line started at pick'em or DEN -1 - nothing in the news should be making you more of a dog - obviously the $ is going your way, which is why the line is moving.   It will be interesting to see what the sharks do betting-wise as we hit the weekend, that will be more telling IMO.

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Hush. 

(It's definitely possible, but think positively.  Keep visualizing AFC O player of Week 13 - Kenyan Drake, AFC D player of Week 13 - Cameron Wake :D)

I can't my bones are aching from this W we are going to get 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I’m looking forward to seeing more McGovern but drawing Suh a tall order.  With Cameron Wake ready to abuse Stephenson / Bolles in pass pro and Suh inside feasting I do fear that Siemian not even finish this game.  

If I were Siemien, I'd call in sick to work.  

Archived