Week 12 GDT: Broncos @ Dolphins

BroncoSojia

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

It's not unsportsmanlike and you know it. This is such a ridiculous argument. Did you lambast our coaching staff when we were thumping teams by 40 points back in the day? No? I didn't think so. You being butthurt because the team sucks doesn't mean Gase did anything wrong. If Denver did the same thing, you'd be thumping your chest. It is what it is. 

I know, you hate Gase because McDaniels hired him. I get it. But he did coach Miami to a 10-6 record and playoff appearance last year. He's had a pretty good team in his time there despite losing Tannehill to injury multiple times. I don't think he's the best coach in the league, but I think you're severely underselling how good of an OC he was. 

You don’t do a surprise onsides when your up 22 in the fourth quarter. That’s just crap. That’s. Just. Crap. 

We can agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

You don’t do a surprise onsides when your up 22 in the fourth quarter. That’s just crap. That’s. Just. Crap. 

We can agree to disagree. 

That's fine, but all I'm saying is if you wouldn't be offended if it was Denver doing that to a McDaniels coached team, what you're saying is hypocritical. If you would condemn Denver for doing that in a similar situation, I will take back what I said.

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

A good QB can only do so much.  A good QB makes us a a 7-9 to 9-7 team.  Even if we make the playoffs, we get rolled by better teams who are more complete.  I'm more interested in being a true contender, and you HAVE to have trench strength to do that.    We don't have to have all the other areas covered, but trench strength is a must, along with QB. 

I'm all for getting QB addressed - but it won't be enough.  Not when we miss this much talent.   

Picking in top 5 is rare for this franchise, so we'd better get the QB while we have the premium pick.  I know there are other needs but in a solid QB class at the top any pick but QB is a mistake.

This years team's a joke.  Didn't watch the game, but to get blown out by Miami, who by the analytics is the worst team in the league is a low point.  Broncos will lose out, and that's honestly what they need to do.  Bring on the L's.  I'll be in town for the beat down that the Jets will surely put on em next week.

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

A good QB can only do so much.  A good QB makes us a a 7-9 to 9-7 team.  Even if we make the playoffs, we get rolled by better teams who are more complete.  I'm more interested in being a true contender, and you HAVE to have trench strength to do that.    We don't have to have all the other areas covered, but trench strength is a must, along with QB. 

I'm all for getting QB addressed - but it won't be enough.  Not when we miss this much talent.   

For this team, this year, I disagree.  You put a good QB on this team and instantly many of the offensive issues are masked and Denver is going to the playoffs with a top 5 defense.

Further you keep mentioning trench strength and how it’s the only way to contend, and it’s not true.  Sure it’s great to have, but few SB winning teams have it on both sides of the ball.  The whole notion that it takes “complete” teams to contend doesn’t hold water.  Again, it’s great in theory and occasionally it happens to come together, but it’s never sustainable for more than a few years at a time.  For the teams that contend year in and year out the only constant is QB play.  The rest of the players and units wax and wane, but when you have a franchise caliber QB your always in contention.

Now I’m not saying Denver has to go crazy and forget everything else, but if the opportunity is there they have to get a potential franchise caliber QB. QB is literally the biggest problem.  How well Todd Davis can cover is a non issue when compared to having the 2nd worst QB play behind only the Browns and oddly enough the Browns always suck because they can’t get a competent QB and over the years they’ve had good OLs and good defenses.

Just now, elliot878 said:

Picking in top 5 is rare for this franchise, so we'd better get the QB while we have the premium pick.  I know there are other needs but in a solid QB class at the top any pick but QB is a mistake.

This years team's a joke.  Didn't watch the game, but to get blown out by Miami, who by the analytics is the worst team in the league is a low point.  Broncos will lose out, and that's honestly what they need to do.  Bring on the L's.  I'll be in town for the beat down that the Jets will surely put on em next week.

Believe me, we're all talking the same language.   We want a top 3 pick because then we just have to make enough noise that we'd take Saquon Barkley if QB went 1-2 it would force the 49ers or Browns (whichever team wants him) that they'd stand pat.    Just that by itself QB isn't enough.   And we'll have more than enough draft capital to get started on addressing those other areas - but only if Elway stops going with need-based drafting and re-adopt overall BPA drafting, and especially stop with the reaching for "his guys" 2+ rounds too soon.

But yeah, top 5 pick (top 3 even better) - it's Darnold/Rosen or bust.   We don't pick in the top 3, however, someone could outbid us, we have to be ready for that.   It would help a TON if Cousins went to CLE, though.   That would leave 1 of Rosen/Darnold for us, if we could get to 1.3.

With SF's win, they still need to get to 4 W's to pass us (their SoS is so bad).   The G-men only need to get to 3W to pass us - so let's go G-men (and let's keep losing).

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

That's fine, but all I'm saying is if you wouldn't be offended if it was Denver doing that to a McDaniels coached team, what you're saying is hypocritical. If you would condemn Denver for doing that in a similar situation, I will take back what I said.

No I wouldn’t. There’s just things you don’t do. The trick play with Poe on the fake last year in KC was crap too. And Andy Reid is a classy coach I like and respect, always have, but that was BS too. 

A surprise onsides in the 4th quarter when you’re up 22 is crap. How can anyone defend Gase on that?? I’d have punched him in the mouth. 

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Believe me, we're all talking the same language.   We want a top 3 pick because then we just have to make enough noise that we'd take Saquon Barkley if QB went 1-2 it would force the 49ers or Browns (whichever team wants him) that they'd stand pat.    Just that by itself QB isn't enough.   And we'll have more than enough draft capital to get started on addressing those other areas - but only if Elway stops going with need-based drafting and re-adopt overall BPA drafting, and especially stop with the reaching for "his guys" 2+ rounds too soon.

But yeah, top 5 pick (top 3 even better) - it's Darnold/Rosen or bust.   We don't pick in the top 3, however, someone could outbid us, we have to be ready for that.   It would help a TON if Cousins went to CLE, though.   That would leave 1 of Rosen/Darnold for us, if we could get to 1.3.

With SF's win, they still need to get to 4 W's to pass us (their SoS is so bad).   The G-men only need to get to 3W to pass us - so let's go G-men (and let's keep losing).

The Niners have a high SOS I thought? I'm looking at Tankathon and it looks like if we tied them record wise, we would leap them.

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

No I wouldn’t. There’s just things you don’t do. The trick play with Poe on the fake last year in KC was crap too. And Andy Reid is a classy coach I like and respect, always have, but that was BS too. 

A surprise onsides in the 4th quarter when you’re up 22 is crap. How can anyone defend Gase on that?? I’d have punched him in the mouth. 

TBH I'm more likely to want to punch Vance Joseph in the mouth after another stellar performance. Good week of practice though.

Archived