Week 12 GDT: Broncos @ Dolphins

BroncoSojia

13 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

The Niners have a high SOS I thought? I'm looking at Tankathon and it looks like if we tied them record wise, we would leap them.

Man, that switch flipped - I stand corrected - you are indeed spot on - we were at .470 and they were at .520 last week.   This week's results help us even more than just the L to MIA.   

SF has to play TEN, HOU, JAX & LAR - don't see JAX/LAR dropping the games.   TEN either.  HOU/SF going to be key there...along with us losing.  But yeah, that even brings 1.2 into play (if NYG can win).

Really....just keep losing.   And hope for a NYG/SF win (first, though, just...keep...losing).

Best part, if that with the BUF loss, NYJ is very much alive in the WC race - they have everything to play for.  And they won today despite benching their ILB Darron Lee - he was a huge reason why Travis Kelce went off this week.   Lee will be back vs. us.   Only helps their D play us on the road.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Man, that switch flipped - I stand corrected - you are indeed spot on - we were at .470 and they were at .520 last week.   This week's results help us even more than just the L to MIA.   

SF has to play TEN, HOU, JAX & LAR - don't see JAX/LAR dropping the games.   TEN either.  HOU/SF going to be key there...along with us losing.  But yeah, that even brings 1.2 into play (if NYG can win).

Yeah I’m going to be cheering for the giants, colts, 49ers....basically every team with 4 or less losses for the rest of the season.

The team seems to be deteriorating on a weekly basis - how long before Elway dumps Joseph - the guy is not showing any talent for being a 'leader of men'.

Hopefully, when he finally bites the bullet, Elway realises that Russell is giving him bad advice and sends him packing along with his frat buddy.

I think Joseph is gone for sure.  I’d be completely surprised if he isn’t.  The losses to the Patriots and Eagles were bad, but those are the top 2 teams in the league.  What happened today vs Miami was a complete embarrassment.  2 safeties, blocked punt, gave up an onside kick, and crazily the offense was worse today than it has been all year with the best QB on the roster starting.  Just don’t see anyway Joseph hangs around, I honestly think he could be gone by tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I think Joseph is gone for sure.  I’d be completely surprised if he isn’t.  The losses to the Patriots and Eagles were bad, but those are the top 2 teams in the league.  What happened today vs Miami was a complete embarrassment.  2 safeties, blocked punt, gave up an onside kick, and crazily the offense was worse today than it has been all year with the best QB on the roster starting.  Just don’t see anyway Joseph hangs around, I honestly think he could be gone by tomorrow.

When you’re saying he has to go, then we know he has to go, because you’ve been his staunchest supporter up until this point.

Denver needs to go out and bring in a head coach who has proven he can bring stability in. For me the clear choice is Mike Smith. 

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

When you’re saying he has to go, then we know he has to go, because you’ve been his staunchest supporter up until this point.

Denver needs to go out and bring in a head coach who has proven he can bring stability in. For me the clear choice is Mike Smith. 

I literally have always said until this team doesn’t show up.  Today was the first game they clearly didn’t and it was against a poor team to boot.  Haha, you don’t can a guy when the team is actually somehow competing in games with one of the worst QB situations in the NFL until it’s clear the team is lost.  I think that finally happened today.

15 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I literally have always said until this team doesn’t show up.  Today was the first game they clearly didn’t and it was against a poor team to boot.  Haha, you don’t can a guy when the team is actually somehow competing in games with one of the worst QB situations in the NFL until it’s clear the team is lost.  I think that finally happened today.

Hard to believe this team won the Superbowl less than 2 years ago.

In my mind, Matt LaFleur would be an excellent head coaching hire. There's a primary thing that supports this- he has been involved in the coaching of- RG3 (when he was good), Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan (last year), and Jared Goff.

This guy has been involved in QB growth and development of quite a few young QBs who have turned out well. RG3 being the anomaly, but I think there was more to it. Anyway, LaFleur seems like a great hire for a team looking to potentially draft a young QB.

13 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

In my mind, Matt LaFleur would be an excellent head coaching hire. There's a primary thing that supports this- he has been involved in the coaching of- RG3 (when he was good), Kirk Cousins, Matt Ryan (last year), and Jared Goff.

This guy has been involved in QB growth and development of quite a few young QBs who have turned out well. RG3 being the anomaly, but I think there was more to it. Anyway, LaFleur seems like a great hire for a team looking to potentially draft a young QB.

Yeah, he will definitely get some looks this year.  Another out of the box offensive guy is John DeFilippo, the QB coach for the Eagles.  He’s been all over the place, NYG, OAK, CLE, San Jose St., PHI, NYJ.  Supposedly he’s considered one of the brightest minds in football and even in meeting rooms with the Eagles staff is the smartest guy in the room.

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I agree with the point about stopping them. If you’re up 22 late why do a surprise onsides? How is that sportsman like.  

And Gase rode Peyton Manning’s coattails to a HC job. And he, like his mentor Josh McDaniles, is a failed HC without his HOF QB. 

Honestly, it’s probably the most exciting game & play Gase has seen from his team all season...he’s riding a wave today, but will come crashing back down next week. All is fair in love and war...

Maybe he was toying with VJ the whole game because he can.

Archived