Week 13 - Rams at Cardinals

RamRod

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/12/03/rams-alec-ogletree-injured-his-elbow-but-not-on-athletic-touchdown-flip/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

“I wish I didn’t go back out there,” Ogletree said, “because I didn’t feel like I was any good to be out there. They definitely were running right at me and I couldn’t use my arm. I let my ego get in the way a little bit.”

Ogletree, who didn’t return to the game after that ill-fated second-quarter series, said it’s “looking up” that he will be able to play next week against Philadelphia. Ogletree had a large pack of ice on the elbow and indicated that he would get examined further on Monday after the Rams returned home.

Rams came out and won a game that they were supposed to. It's crazy how there's actually games this year that we've gone into and I've been CONFIDENT that we were going to win and we did. Years prior, there were plenty of games that we SHOULD have won but didn't. You can just sense the difference this year. It's been amazing.

I think Goff looked really sharp for the game--much sharper than his stats may indicate. He was putting the ball right where it needed to be on a lot of those incompletions and we were just missing. I feel like as good as we played, we could have scored even more with how the offense was rolling at times. I saw a lot of complaints about not running the ball as much, but I really didn't have an issue with it. We were moving the ball well and Gurley was still plenty involved overall.

On defense, the issue that continues to stick out is the run defense. Kerwynn Williams should not be gashing us for big chunks of yardage at a time. Those gaps on the line get penetrated by the opposing teams too easily and our LB's have not been plugging them up properly.

On a bright note, I thought Samson Ebukam looked great in his first start. I'm actually surprised that I haven't seen many of you guys on here talking about him. I felt like he was always by the ball and flying around the field. Seemed like he was constantly generating pressure. Was really pleased with what I saw from him.

Most importantly, this team just clinched their first winning season since 2003. It may not seem like a big deal to fans of other teams, but me being a long suffering fan of this past 10-15 years (as many of you have as well), this is a huge deal. Great day to be a Rams fan.

Archived