best play in history

Shady Slim

the question is self explanatory what do we think are the best singular plays in nfl history i was thinking about this while washing the dishes

to me the saints' onside kick in the superbowl comes to mind immediately just because of how damn ballsy it was but that's just the first hot take and i'm sure if i thought about it longer i'd think of a different answer

12 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Probably the helmet catch because of what was at stake and how many little components were in it. 

Then defensively probably the Butler interception for similar reasons. 

Stakes-wise sure. But in terms of best plays, they're have been a lot better/more exciting/more impressive ones.

OBJ catch is up there in terms of most impressive athletic achievement. Probably feels less special because we've all been force fed it 80 times every sunday.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Stakes-wise sure. But in terms of best plays, they're have been a lot better/more exciting/more impressive ones.

OBJ catch is up there in terms of most impressive athletic achievement. Probably feels less special because we've all been force fed it 80 times every sunday.

The year OBJ made that catch was the same year a college receiver literally caught a ball downfield behind his back with his arm bent. OBJ's catch was pretty, but it was hardly the most impressive athletic play ever. It just looked really nice. Like I seriously think 90% of that is Collinsworth saying that is one of the best catches he ever saw. 

This play literally happened the exact same year. 

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Like I seriously think 90% of that is Collinsworth saying that is one of the best catches he ever saw. 

That catch was also on SNF so everyone saw it. Reminds me of the hit Steve Atwater put on Christian Okoye on MNF. People only remember that because it was in primetime. No one talks about the dozens of times Atwater got ran over by The Nigerian Nightmare.

I actually think that Favre pass has to be the correct answer. Needing a TD to win from that far away, 12 seconds, no timeouts, great movement avoiding pressure and buying time, taking a hard hit from behind, delivering a PERFECT pass and a fantastic catch and toe tap on the other end. 

I haven't seen anything else on that level.

Archived