Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Surprising that nobody has signed Gould yet, did he overestimate his market?

I think his big deal is that he wants to be in or near Chicago. 

He is also clearly losing some power, so maybe he did overestimate himself a bit.

I do think he still has value for a team that wants an accurate kicker that doesn’t have to make 50+ yard kicks though. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7bd7a7vsq5j77xfojq9

lol for real though, it’s like everyone in Philly is really trying to force this ‘rivalry’.  

It’s funny because he mentions they hate the Niners because of how much they complained, like a week after ex-Eagles players were complaining about the field in the Super Bowl. 

https://omny.fm/shows/morning-roast-bonta-shasky/eliot-shorr-parks-joins-the-morning-roast

• Like 2

On 7/12/2023 at 5:53 PM, GW21 said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7bd7a7vsq5j77xfojq9

lol for real though, it’s like everyone in Philly is really trying to force this ‘rivalry’.  

It’s funny because he mentions they hate the Niners because of how much they complained, like a week after ex-Eagles players were complaining about the field in the Super Bowl. 

https://omny.fm/shows/morning-roast-bonta-shasky/eliot-shorr-parks-joins-the-morning-roast

Didn't see this until now but how could anyone say anything except Dallas for that question? Every single year they are a "contender" according to the media and have won how many playoff games in the last two decades again? 

(Four, the answer is four)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Didn't see this until now but how could anyone say anything except Dallas for that question? Every single year they are a "contender" according to the media and have won how many playoff games in the last two decades again? 

(Four, the answer is four)

Every offseason we have to hear about how every player and coach on the Cowboys is the best at their position group.  Yet they are the Cowboys every year. 

It's the offseason.  It's just talking just to talk, especially about the 49ers.

This is an interesting offseason for 49ers reporting, because there are so many fun, intense competitions on the roster, but not one of them is for a starting role!  Most media guys don't spend time on the bottom guys outside the top 22 spots, so the more in depth coverage guys have the better story lines.  

I'm glad it is a boring.  It shows year to year stability.  Give me Jason Poe V UDFA for a guard spot over real controversies all day every day, it's a sign of a strong consistent team. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 10:00 PM, Forge said:

Man has been through way too much

Didn't he and his wife lose a baby too? Also he won that Sprint, but got screwed out of the money, I feel for Marquise, was a good player for us, wish him nothing but the best, blood clots are a serious issue, hope he's able to get better, and do what he loves, playing football.

• Like 3