Thoughts on the McVay-Goff headset talk

RamRod

46 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Again, you keep picking and choosing what to read. You're conveniently ignoring McVay saying this:

“We’ve got certain where we’ve got packages of plays and we might say, ‘Hey, we’re looking to run it.’ And he knows the menu that we’re operating off of or we’re looking to throw it and based on some of the looks that we’ve gone through throughout the course of the week with our weekly preparation,” McVay said. “That’s part of what the week of preparation is, is becoming that extension of what we’re looking for.”

It's just too easy to say it's McVay instead of acknowledging that Jared is playing great.

I'm not sure what the rub is. He's a young QB using his coach to help him develop, play well and win.

This isnt a 10 year vet. It's a kid with like 17 starts. Is it really out of the ordinary for the coach to be talking to a young QB through the headset?

I feel totally lost right now, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

As an outsider and a jealous McVay watcher I think it is awesome.

Your coach should be a game day advantage and this is how he does it.

Over time I am sure Goff will take over the checks and audibles, but right now let him sling it.

McVay is awesome. I literally put on Rams games to watch him pants opposing coaches.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Over time I am sure Goff will take over the checks and audibles, but right now let him sling it.

McVay is awesome. I literally put on Rams games to watch him pants opposing coaches.

Goff already does that. B|

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Goff already does that. B|

I meant McVay will be less in the headset.

The gradual release of responsibility is just good coaching. The problem arrives when the coach can't handle their end, like experienced players with Boras, and we are living with Loggains.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I meant McVay will be less in the headset.

The gradual release of responsibility is just good coaching. The problem arrives when the coach can't handle their end, like experienced players with Boras, and we are living with Loggains.

I don't see that changing a lot. Seems beneficial for McVay to let Goff know what he's seeing.

On 12/13/2017 at 4:24 PM, WindyCity said:

I mean, it just seems like a whole lot of nothing. Right?

Archived