2 Round Mock Draft - Volume 2 *TRADES*

Rich7sena

9 minutes ago, indifference said:

Nah Bucs need an outside corner badly. Hargreaves has picked up the slack as a decent NCB and might be a good #2 one day.

In lieu of an exceptional prospect at the position, I have the Bucs going with a slot corner/safety hybrid many believe is an elite prospect. Would this not be something the Bucs would do?

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not a Browns fan but if they pass on qb again with two top 10 picks they may as well burn that franchise to the ground. Kizer is awful.

I am a lifelong Browns fan LaVar - and if they do pass AGAIN - you go get the gas and I'll bring the torches - LOL

On 11/30/2017 at 8:57 PM, INbengalfan said:

So the Bengals drop from #12 all the way to #28, and don't get even a second rounder?  So what did we get for this?

Without a great deal, I say we stay at #12, take Orlando Brown, and take ragnow in round 2

Don't worry. The Browns dropped passed on the top 2 QB's and didn't even get a 2nd rounder for it. And they took a defensive end...one of the only positions they don't need.

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not a Browns fan but if they pass on qb again with two top 10 picks they may as well burn that franchise to the ground. Kizer is awful.

What QBs are worth top 10 picks, though?   They could take one, but the value would be horrid.   Hell, I dont think a single QB in this draft is worth a top 10 pick, and a couple being projected first rounders I wouldnt even take until round 3 or 4.    

Browns need a QB, but theyve gotten desperate and reached on QBs before.   If there was a QB that was very clearly worth a top 10 pick, so be it....but there likely wont be unless they take a QB at 1, which would be a mistake IMO.

As much as I would hate it, the Browns should take Barkley.   I hate the idea of drafting a RB that high, but they need talent first and foremost, and he should be a special player.     Draft him and then see whats available with the Texans pick.   Either trade down with that and possibly take a QB or just keep building up a team and get a draft in free agency.   They wont get Cousins, but they could possibly get a guy like Bridgewater or Bradford while they look for a long term answer.

This was supposed to be a great QB class, but it really isnt.    Browns need a QB, but reaching out of desperation doesnt lead anywhere good either.

People bash on the Browns for passing on guys like Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Wentz and Derek Carr, but no one bashes them for passing on QBs like Blaine Gabbert, EJ Manuel and Mark Sanchez.     They have made mistakes passing on good QBs, but they have passed on a lot of duds as well....and there is no guarantee that guys like Ben and Carson wouldve been as good with the Browns as they turned out to be for their respective teams.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

What QBs are worth top 10 picks, though?   They could take one, but the value would be horrid.   Hell, I dont think a single QB in this draft is worth a top 10 pick, and a couple being projected first rounders I wouldnt even take until round 3 or 4.    

Browns need a QB, but theyve gotten desperate and reached on QBs before.   If there was a QB that was very clearly worth a top 10 pick, so be it....but there likely wont be unless they take a QB at 1, which would be a mistake IMO.

As much as I would hate it, the Browns should take Barkley.   I hate the idea of drafting a RB that high, but they need talent first and foremost, and he should be a special player.     Draft him and then see whats available with the Texans pick.   Either trade down with that and possibly take a QB or just keep building up a team and get a draft in free agency.   They wont get Cousins, but they could possibly get a guy like Bridgewater or Bradford while they look for a long term answer.

This was supposed to be a great QB class, but it really isnt.    Browns need a QB, but reaching out of desperation doesnt lead anywhere good either.

People bash on the Browns for passing on guys like Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Wentz and Derek Carr, but no one bashes them for passing on QBs like Blaine Gabbert, EJ Manuel and Mark Sanchez.     They have made mistakes passing on good QBs, but they have passed on a lot of duds as well....and there is no guarantee that guys like Ben and Carson wouldve been as good with the Browns as they turned out to be for their respective teams.

Rosen and Darnold are clearly first round talents. 

The Browns have tried the 2nd and 3rd round QB route and it hasn't worked. They've tried the mid to late first round QB route and that failed. They've basically avoided taking a QB high in the first round since what, Tim Couch? They can't keep being scared of taking a bust because getting guys like Kizer and Kessler is not solving the issue. 

Just take Rosen. Do the right thing this time. Don't look the gift horse in the mouth again. At least that's my opinion of the situation. Even as an outsider (Redskins fan) I hate seeing the hell Browns fans have gone through. They deserve a franchise QB more than any other team. It's time. 

20 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think there are 4 QB's that go in the top 15. You really don't think any of them are going to be good?

On 12/3/2017 at 11:05 PM, lavar703 said:

Rosen and Darnold are clearly first round talents. 

FIrst round talents?  Maybe.

Top 10 picks?   I dont personally think so.

Darnold is a fringe first rounder IMO.  Not saying he wont go higher, just that I dont view him as a special talent.   Not sure why people are so impressed by him.   He has tools to work with which is why I dont completely scoff at him as a first rounder, but I dont see what makes him a CLEAR first rounder.

I like Josh Rosen, but he has had one year where he has looked like a first round pick.   I know there have been other QBs who have succeded in the NFL you could say the same thing about, but there are also a number who failed.

The Browns have tried the 2nd and 3rd round QB route and it hasn't worked.

I mean, Im not knocking on them potentially taking a first round QB at some point....I just think it would be foolish to reach out of desperation.   

If they firmly believe someone is worth a high pick, then they should do it....but it doesnt mean its the right choice.

This isnt about the Browns either.     I am a Steeler fan and I dont really like this class in regards to potentially replacing Ben.

They've tried the mid to late first round QB route and that failed. They've basically avoided taking a QB high in the first round since what, Tim Couch? They can't keep being scared of taking a bust because getting guys like Kizer and Kessler is not solving the issue. 

If they arent capable of scouting and developing a good QB, it wont matter where they take a QB.

Obviously, you have a higher chance of drafting a quality player early in the draft, but my entire point is, what makes these QBs worth top 10 picks?  This isnt about being scared....its about being smart.     If they really like a guy like Rosen or Darnold....so be it, but just because scouts say they are worth top 10 picks doesnt mean they are.   They also said guys like Christian Hackenberg and Blaine Gabbert were first round talents at one point (and neither of those QBs were ever CLOSE to first round talents).

I think they should take Barkley with the first pick and with their other pick (likely 5-8), possibly take a QB IF  IF IF they are truly sold on one of the QBs.   They shouldnt just draft a QB because they are desperate and scouts say certain guys are worth high picks.

Like I said....people want to bring up the good QBs they missed out on, but people dont say a word for passing on the highly drafted QBs that busted.   Hindsight is 20/20.

Just take Rosen. Do the right thing this time. Don't look the gift horse in the mouth again. At least that's my opinion of the situation. Even as an outsider (Redskins fan) I hate seeing the hell Browns fans have gone through. They deserve a franchise QB more than any other team. It's time. 

I mean, if they like him and view him as worth the pick...sure.

All Im saying is they shouldnt just pick him simply because they desperately need a QB....and I personally dont believe he is a top 10 talent, but thats a different discussion, I guess.

11 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think there are 4 QB's that go in the top 15. You really don't think any of them are going to be good?

Let me clarify....I didnt mean to imply these QBs WONT be taken high...just that I dont think they should be.   Its like when I said Blaine Gabbert was a 4th round talent at best before he was drafted.....I wasnt saying he wouldnt be drafted until round 4....just that thats the grade I had on him.

And Im definitely not saying none of them could be good...Ive been wrong on some QBs and right on some.....but Im just not a fan of this class in general, and if I were the Browns, Id be very careful about not succombing to pressure and just drafting a QB because they so desperately need one.   If they scout one thoroughly and like him.....okay, thats fine, but if they arent sold on any QB in the top 10, they shouldnt force it.     Like Ive said multiple times.....the Browns have passed up on some good QBs....but they have passed on not so good ones as well.

Also, to the point about "Late 1sts, 2nd and 3rd round QBs not working for the Browns"....thats pretty misleading.   First off, most QBs drafted at those points are either QBs with limited upside or QBs that have high upside but a higher bust potential as well.       They usually need time to develop with good coach and not asked to carry the team.     As bad as Kizer has been, he was put in a terrible situation for a raw rookie QB who needed time to grow and learn, likely behind a vet.    Secondly, look at the Browns picks at QBs.....poor scouting and bad decisions are bigger culprits than anything.   Yes, you usually have a better chance of finding a franchise QB early in the draft....but lets not act like the Browns have failed at finding a QB because they didnt draft one high.   There is no guarantee whatsoever that guys like Carson Wentz or Ben Roethlisberger wouldve been anywhere close to as good as they turned out to be if drafted by the Browns.   

For most players....situation is extremely important....and the reality is, the Browns hasnt been a good situation for anyone for the last 20 years.   

Archived