2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

First of all, who cares what his dad says.  Not to mention, the agents say a contract is 80M and the reality is 50M.  

But you don't know until you try.  Make him a fair offer and let him refuse.  At least he will know he is wanted.  There is no down side.  Even if they have to wait for the ownership change for final approval, I would still be negotiating the contracts.  Get them primed and ready to sign.  

I can’t really says that his dad’s opinion matters or not, neither of us know if it may or may not. If it's anything like RG3, Curl’s dad’s opinion may be the only one which matters.

I do agree if they want to re-sign Curl they should negotiate with him now. Maybe Rivera & Mayhew already have word from Harris though or someone else to not negotiate contracts right now. We don't know anything about that either way, we're just guessing at this point.

Edited by turtle28

I know one thing, if our offense isn’t better/more consistent this year it won’t be because they aren’t prepared. Bieniemy will have them ready!

Word from all the beat reporters and an interview w/ Sam Howell today is that Bieniemy is having them prepared and the intensity of practice is much better & quicker with Bieniemy now coaching the offense.

He’s also getting on guys when they mess up and telling them where they messed up and what to do better. JP Finlay said that BRob missed a blitz pick up & because of that Howell would’ve been sacked if it was a regular game and Bieniemy said, “BRob if you don’t pick that up who’s going to block them? No one will be there to block them.” Then Bieniemy preceded to show him what he should’ve done on the play.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I know one thing, if our offense isn’t better/more consistent this year it won’t be because they aren’t prepared. Bieniemy will have them ready!

Word from all the beat reporters and an interview w/ Sam Howell today is that Bieniemy is having them prepared and the intensity of practice is much better & quicker with Bieniemy now coaching the offense.

He’s also getting on guys when they mess up and telling them where they messed up and what to do better. JP Finlay said that BRob missed a blitz pick up & because of that Howell would’ve been sacked if it was a regular game and Bieniemy said, “BRob if you don’t pick that up who’s going to block them? No one will be there to block them.” Then Bieniemy preceded to show him what he should’ve done on the play.

If he can turn this offense around, he will be a head coach soon. Hopefully ours if he does well here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

If he can turn this offense around, he will be a head coach soon. Hopefully ours if he does well here.

That's the hope man! I hope our O shows promise with Howell & Harris fires Rivera & the defensive staff and allows Bieniemy go take over as HC & bring in his own defensive staff.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That's the hope man! I hope our O shows promise with Howell & Harris fires Rivera & the defensive staff and allows Bieniemy go take over as HC & bring in his own defensive staff.

Yeap that's what could very well happen down the road. I am pulling for Howell but Brisett could very well push Howell and could even take over the QB. Either way he has been a backup doing his career therefore he should be a good team mate. You know Howell will have his up and downs (inconsistence) and it will be interesting to see how he reacts to the brisett presence. 

Edited by 4209
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Going to a STH event tonight at the facility in Ashburn, it is a film review and Q&A session with Richard Rodgers.  Pretty excited, as I haven’t done these before and have heard that just about all of the events are actually pretty well done.  

That's awesome! What's STH?

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Going to a STH event tonight at the facility in Ashburn, it is a film review and Q&A session with Richard Rodgers.  Pretty excited, as I haven’t done these before and have heard that just about all of the events are actually pretty well done.  

I just passed by there on the way to and from my daughter's soccer practice.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That's awesome! What's STH?

Season ticket holders.  

They had Julie Donaldson introduce Richard Rodgers and run the event.  Season ticket reps, who by far and away are the best part about this organization, were there and I got to meet Sophia who has been my rep for the past five years.  They work out of Fed Ex but they had them come down for this event.  

They had it in the practice bubble and had some big screen TVs set up.  Microphone had issues but they tried hard to get it to work.  Rodgers did 30 minutes of film breakdown, and then took a variety of questions, both live and pre-submitted.  They answered my pre-submitted one, which was how do you gameplan against a team where their strength matches up perfectly with your weakness.  He said if the other team has a game-changer like Justin Jefferson, you try to plan a bit for him specifically, but you also have to lean on your strength which is rushing the passer.  

Besides a couple of questions that he really couldn’t answer, I thought he did a great job.  Lots of trust placed with an assistant coach to handle an event like this, but Rodgers has been around and communicated well.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I just passed by there on the way to and from my daughter's soccer practice.

It’s at a very, very odd place out in the middle of nowhere, though I suspect some of the immediate area has popped up since the team has been there.  It also isn’t as secure as you would think an NFL team’s facility would be, and I’m not talking about secure from just Bill Belichick and prying cameras.  

• Like 1