2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

11 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

You're covering cause it's likely one your Boyz ! 😝🤣

No one cared when the coach didn't show up to the senior bowl. I'm not going to care if players don't show up for voluntary workouts. 

You don't get to pretend like this is a big deal or you care when a bunch of you made excuses for our de facto GM/Head Coach/President Ron Rivera decided he didn't need to show up for the Senior Bowl going into a critical juncture in his contract. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You don't get to pretend like this is a big deal or you care when a bunch of you made excuses for our de facto GM/Head Coach/President Ron Rivera decided he didn't need to show up for the Senior Bowl going into a critical juncture in his contract. 

Shouldn't you in turn do the same? Be mad about one and not the other?

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Shouldn't you in turn do the same? Be mad about one and not the other?

I think Chase should be there. Do I care that he's not? Not really because its voluntary. There's an easy way to remedy this and its to make them mandatory. The writing is on the wall with Chase so it doesn't even matter to me anymore. Its just more so the weird hatred some of this fan base has for him. The moment they chose not to pick up his option he should've been dealt so there was no distraction. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think Chase should be there. Do I care that he's not? Not really because its voluntary. There's an easy way to remedy this and its to make them mandatory. The writing is on the wall with Chase so it doesn't even matter to me anymore. Its just more so the weird hatred some of this fan base has for him. The moment they chose not to pick up his option he should've been dealt so there was no distraction. 

It's been a disappointment since the end of his rookie year. I get why people are upset and over him.

He has a chance to reverse that (like Payne did). 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's been a disappointment since the end of his rookie year. I get why people are upset and over him.

Well the first step would be to have shown up at OTA s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Good to see Chase Young is continuing to be such a great leader. 

He's in a contract year now, why risk blowing out his knee again? Reuben Foster ring a bell? Allen Lazard got carted off today. Same as Montez Sweat. Why aren't you going after him for not showing up? I don't blame him either. Why aren't you getting mad about Charles Leno not being there? He's not in a contract year.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

This fanbase has a weird dislike of high draft choices. Personally I think it dates back to the Gibbs/Beathard years of just trading all of their picks away. Every single top 10 pick takes on an irrational hatred from this fanbase with maybe the exception of Chris Samuels.

We have a fanbase that is simply obsessed with late round picks and undrafted free agents. Hell, I’ll admit to being guilty of it as well but this fanbase loves to hate them some top 5 picks. Craziest thing I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

He's in a contract year now, why risk blowing out his knee again? Reuben Foster ring a bell? Allen Lazard got carted off today. Same as Montez Sweat. Why aren't you going after him for not showing up? I don't blame him either. Why aren't you getting mad about Charles Leno not being there? He's not in a contract year.

He got hit in the nuts. He finished practice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

This fanbase has a weird dislike of high draft choices. Personally I think it dates back to the Gibbs/Beathard years of just trading all of their picks away. Every single top 10 pick takes on an irrational hatred from this fanbase with maybe the exception of Chris Samuels.

We have a fanbase that is simply obsessed with late round picks and undrafted free agents. Hell, I’ll admit to being guilty of it as well but this fanbase loves to hate them some top 5 picks. Craziest thing I’ve ever seen. 

I feel like this fan base loved Trent Williams for a long time. Was Scherff hated? I don't think it was a lot. Sean Taylor is one of the most revered picks ever. RG3 had an incredible one year of love. Not sure I agree with this. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This fanbase has a weird dislike of high draft choices.

This fan base has an understandable dislike of underperforming high draft choices that generate unreal expectations. 

FIFY. 

My opinion on the subject is that we have had a few instances where we had the availability to draft "Can't Miss Talents." In this particular case we all were hyped up for this player to dominate for 10+ years. It just hasn't happened. I will say this one hits harder than the Carlos Rogers, Josh Doctson, Laron Landry and Dwayne Haskins (RIP). In my opinion, I think Chase drank the kool-aid on himself too. He cared more about the Chase Young brand and neglected being a professional. There is still time, but like it or not, being absent from any team activity is not a good look. (That includes Montez and Charles)