Bills Voluntary/OTA's & Minicamp news

Trentwannabe

I feel like the DHop news is like OBJ mid season, a lot of talk from media and von but nothing really comes of it. Would like the move as it will allow bills to focus other positions early on and fully go in to 2024 draft looking for a #2 wr that could take the 1 spot in a year or 2.

I do like to hear that Allen will calm down on trying to be a hero with his legs. I just hope Beane gets him his RT to protect Allen so he doesnt get hits to his throwing arm that Ques and Brown have allowed to happen last year

Also its wild that Hamlin is back and ready to play. I hope the best for him as it is still crazy to think a few months ago he practically died on the field and came back to life.

Edited by soflbillsfan

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2023 at 9:07 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Bills are signing a few from tryouts 

These are nice to have as camp bodies and potential psqaud players but they still need to go out and spend on a defensive end. The bills cannot go in to the season with just shaq, rousseau, basham, and epenesa. Expecting a guy to randomly be good after being out of the league for 4 years is a stretch as well. I am not sure how much more you need to look at to think this is acceptable? I know some guys are still out there and may have a high asking price but at some point Beane needs to pay a bit more than what he wants to, to land one. Expecting Von to be a go week 1 is asking a lot, having the same 4 guys who brought ZERO pressure to Burrow during the playoff game in which they had 3 backup olineman in isnt the answer. This is the only position I feel they can upgrade with the people still available in FA. The other would be RT but it seems like the options out there arent any better then what the bills have in brown

45 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

These are nice to have as camp bodies and potential psqaud players but they still need to go out and spend on a defensive end. The bills cannot go in to the season with just shaq, rousseau, basham, and epenesa. Expecting a guy to randomly be good after being out of the league for 4 years is a stretch as well. I am not sure how much more you need to look at to think this is acceptable? I know some guys are still out there and may have a high asking price but at some point Beane needs to pay a bit more than what he wants to, to land one. Expecting Von to be a go week 1 is asking a lot, having the same 4 guys who brought ZERO pressure to Burrow during the playoff game in which they had 3 backup olineman in isnt the answer. This is the only position I feel they can upgrade with the people still available in FA. The other would be RT but it seems like the options out there arent any better then what the bills have in brown

I think best case scenario for Ray is what your said, veteran on the practice squad who may get called up once or twice. He may have been out of the NFL but he did acclimate to the CFL rather quickly and provided a lot of pressure. But injuries kept happening. Which is his history.

I believe Beane said they will look to add a veteran DE before camp. And that was after talking about Shane Ray IIRC. I agree about Von, I know he says he can play week 1, but we’ll need him for that final stretch more then we will for September 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Updates from McDermott today:

No Diggs at OTA's but they are of course voluntary and he didn't attend last year either (except the first one I believe).

Yea media and non bills fans will make a big deal about Diggs but the reality is he never really did it. 2020 I think covid prevented OTAs and then I think he showed up in 2021 but not last year. dont see an issue with this whats so ever.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yea media and non bills fans will make a big deal about Diggs but the reality is he never really did it. 2020 I think covid prevented OTAs and then I think he showed up in 2021 but not last year. dont see an issue with this whats so ever.

Agreed.

22 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I like him better than Quesenberry 

Good depth signing to play back up to Brown but that position is still a major liability, got to think if Brown does not take a massive step forward this becomes the biggest need on the team next offseason next to DT

Ken Dorsey spoke today and him saying he is nowhere close of knowing what Kincaid's role is, is concerning. You have had time to figure this out during the pre-draft process and beane moved up to get him so you can have an extra toy. Now you need time to figure this out? Seems like Dorsey is over his head between kincaid comment, how cook and hines were utilized, and the overall scheme that was used last year. I am hoping I am wrong about this but this is crazy to hear that the guy the offense is counting on to get them to a Superbowl isnt sure how to utilize his weapons properly

8 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ken Dorsey spoke today and him saying he is nowhere close of knowing what Kincaid's role is, is concerning. You have had time to figure this out during the pre-draft process and beane moved up to get him so you can have an extra toy. Now you need time to figure this out? Seems like Dorsey is over his head between kincaid comment, how cook and hines were utilized, and the overall scheme that was used last year. I am hoping I am wrong about this but this is crazy to hear that the guy the offense is counting on to get them to a Superbowl isnt sure how to utilize his weapons properly

Really wish we'd have just given Joe Brady the job