TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

What is it with weather reports last decade or so?

Every weather event is storm of century.  Talk about crying wolf.

I had 3 different people ask me yesterday if I was ready for all the snow.   Woke up today and it was kind of raining and nothing on driveway.

Snowing now, but it is not blizzard of '79.

Friday it's going to be anywhere between 6-11" of snow and then the 3 days after will all be negative wind chills, but today? This is nothing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

What is it with weather reports last decade or so?

Every weather event is storm of century.  Talk about crying wolf.

I had 3 different people ask me yesterday if I was ready for all the snow.   Woke up today and it was kind of raining and nothing on driveway.

Snowing now, but it is not blizzard of '79.

The storm itself is massive,  like many many states across, but we're a couple degrees too warm to get much white stuff out of it.   

My kids made the most of the snow over the weekend (literally went over the fence to the neighbors to "steal" their snow too)  and have constructed a pretty sweet foundation for a snow fort, and have been living in terror of it melting and are pretty pissed this is coming down as rain.  Caught my daughter trying to empty the ice trays to go chill the backyard. 

I am personally a bit nervous about it as Thursday I have to road trip to pick up my mom in the hinterlands of Lemont, then drive back to like 10 min from my house for her to have hip surgery, then hopefully back down to Lemont.  My mom hates riding in the truck so I'll be driving her around in her goddamn Prius.  Bears related:  the surgeon has about a billion jerseys and helmets from Bears players all over the shop.   Favorites were McMannis and Wooton.  Guessing if the surgery goes really well you can expect my mom to contribute at least on special teams next year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

My mom hates riding in the truck so I'll be driving her around in her goddamn Prius

Sell your Mom on the suggestion that getting down into a Prius might be the last thing she wants to do after hip surgery.

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Genuine question here: do you think she'll be better off in a full size truck? I can't remember but are you the dude with a medical background? 

No medical background here. For me personally if I had to help someone I'd rather help them up into and down out of a truck, plus if you have a second row you can put her back there and let her lay down or at least have a lot of room to straighten the legs. Seems like it would be way easier than trying to help someone down into a vehicle, where all you can really do is hold their arms and try to let them sit into the chair, and then of course trying to get them up and out.

Honestly, maybe try doing a trial run with Mom before the surgery in each vehicle with Mom offering little assistance, and see which is easier for you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

No medical background here. For me personally if I had to help someone I'd rather help them up into and down out of a truck, plus if you have a second row you can put her back there and let her lay down or at least have a lot of room to straighten the legs. Seems like it would be way easier than trying to help someone down into a vehicle, where all you can really do is hold their arms and try to let them sit into the chair, and then of course trying to get them up and out.

Honestly, maybe try doing a trial run with Mom before the surgery in each vehicle with Mom offering little assistance, and see which is easier for you.

Think we're comitting to the truck as it's got good tires for snow.  Was supposed to be her Volvo XCUV thing but just found out it's riding on a donut.  Either way appreciate the advice degree or no!

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Oh. Here’s the snow.  A lot of it.   And my snow blower is broken. 

LOL.  Time for a workout.  

And done.

Going to be sore tomorrow.   I needed that though.  

decided not to go skiing this weekend so i don't freeze my balls off when the cold hits tonight, which is annoying because i have monday off too. weather gets back up to decent temperatures on tuesday, which is doubly annoying

@BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW How's Mom doing? Hope everything went smoothly.

Watching this Falcons head coaching search has been amusing. Outside of Bengals OC Brian Callahan, they've interviewed the vets (Belichick, Harbaugh) and defensive guys. The Arthur Smith experience seems to have left its mark on them. They've requested to interview Ben Johnson, but not Bobby Slowik. It'll be interesting to see how this coaching cycle shakes out. It'll be real tough to stomach if this cycle produces some great coaches and we end up with a floundering Flus.

14 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

@BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW How's Mom doing? Hope everything went smoothly.

Watching this Falcons head coaching search has been amusing. Outside of Bengals OC Brian Callahan, they've interviewed the vets (Belichick, Harbaugh) and defensive guys. The Arthur Smith experience seems to have left its mark on them. They've requested to interview Ben Johnson, but not Bobby Slowik. It'll be interesting to see how this coaching cycle shakes out. It'll be real tough to stomach if this cycle produces some great coaches and we end up with a floundering Flus.

Thanks for asking, but because she'd had the flu a couple weeks prior the anesthesiologist cancelled.  Annoying as they knew about it at her 2 week and 1 week checkin, but they didn't check with the gas guy until ~10hrs before the surgery so it all got blown up late the night before it was all supposed to happen. Frankly I think she's starting on IR in the regular season. 

I don't really get the NFC south. Always seems like someone would be able to build a decent team and rule over it, but instead they all take turns being "THAT team is in the playoffs??"  I keep trying to muster some enthusiasm to cheer for a team in the playoffs and every now and then think the Mayfield led Bucs are at least interesting and then kind of forget about them. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:59 AM, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Thanks for asking, but because she'd had the flu a couple weeks prior the anesthesiologist cancelled.  Annoying as they knew about it at her 2 week and 1 week checkin, but they didn't check with the gas guy until ~10hrs before the surgery so it all got blown up late the night before it was all supposed to happen. Frankly I think she's starting on IR in the regular season. 

I don't really get the NFC south. Always seems like someone would be able to build a decent team and rule over it, but instead they all take turns being "THAT team is in the playoffs??"  I keep trying to muster some enthusiasm to cheer for a team in the playoffs and every now and then think the Mayfield led Bucs are at least interesting and then kind of forget about them. 

BEST OF LUCK, Moms are the best  !