GDT: The End is Near Part 2 - Eli's Career Edition: Giants v Boys

MightyMouse07

4 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

They're definitely gonna get that fired coach boost and win, aren't they?

Probably. Always seems to happen with this staff that we bomb against a new or interim HC.

53 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Probably. Always seems to happen with this staff that we bomb against a new or interim HC.

I can see an all out effort by the players in this game. The Giants players that is. An effort to prove that the coach who suspended everyone in the secondary and benched Eli was the problem. I can see them playing inspired against a rival with a chance to put the nail in our coffin.

Let's face it, this is their super bowl. Especially if Eli starts. 

Well, we would need a lot of help to get in the post season. We would have to win out AND:

Atlanta would have to lose two games

Green Bay and Detroit lose one more

Seattle lose one more including against us.

That would put us in the 6th seed. Not hopeless but a long shot indeed.

I'm not even thinking about other teams. I've always liked the 10 gets you in rule. If we go 10-6 and don't get in then I'm pissed but not real upset at our team. You aim for 10 wins. Or you aim to win every game, but usually 10 is the bar for a successful regular season. If we lose 7 games then yeah, let me hear some mathematics on how we can squeak in. It's going to be a fight but if we win 10 most of the time we will get in.

16 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I'm not even thinking about other teams. I've always liked the 10 gets you in rule. If we go 10-6 and don't get in then I'm pissed but not real upset at our team. You aim for 10 wins. Or you aim to win every game, but usually 10 is the bar for a successful regular season. If we lose 7 games then yeah, let me hear some mathematics on how we can squeak in. It's going to be a fight but if we win 10 most of the time we will get in.

1991 49ers won 10 and missed the playoffs.

On 12/4/2017 at 12:40 PM, DalCowboyzRule said:

They're definitely gonna get that fired coach boost and win, aren't they?

On 12/4/2017 at 12:12 PM, DaBoys said:

Might be facing Eli now

Unfortunately, Eli seems to be one of those QBs to come up the biggest when you least expect it. This is going to be one of those trap games for Dallas. I hope Dallas puts them away like they should.

7 hours ago, TVScout said:

1991 49ers won 10 and missed the playoffs.

I said most. I even underlined it. I didn't think you would have to go back 26 years to find an example of it not being true though. That further strengthens the theory IMO.

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I said most. I even underlined it. I didn't think you would have to go back 26 years to find an example of it not being true though. That further strengthens the theory IMO.

The only other example that I can think of is when New England went 11-5 and missed the playoffs the year that Tom Brady tore his ACL. It’s so rare for it to happen.

Winning 10 sounds so daunting for this team.  Winning 4 seems a bit easier. Our next two games are against teams that have combined for 8 wins this year. The Raiders just barely beat the Geno Smith version of the Giants. There is no doubt that these next two games will be tough. We aren't exactly good either. But if we can squeak out two wins against teams that are, at least as bad as us, then we get ZEKE BACK. Our last two games are against playoff teams but Zeke makes us one too, and Philly might not even start Wentz in week 17.  

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Winning 10 sounds so daunting for this team.  Winning 4 seems a bit easier. Our next two games are against teams that have combined for 8 wins this year. The Raiders just barely beat the Geno Smith version of the Giants. There is no doubt that these next two games will be tough. We aren't exactly good either. But if we can squeak out two wins against teams that are, at least as bad as us, then we get ZEKE BACK. Our last two games are against playoff teams but Zeke makes us one too, and Philly might not even start Wentz in week 17.  

The schedule and timing definitely works to Cowboys advantage. Seattle game is going to be huge me thinks.

Well it’s about time we get a schedule break I count this game as not one.  And the Seattle game as not one either Seattle was not playing well begging of season This game Giants will play there best game of the year.   We have played three teams with ten days rest...   that is crazy     We played GB when they were up and Atlanta when they were up switch those games and we win them both. 

I also think we win out the playoffs will be looking good.   Potty though Philly didn’t do betteragainst Seattle though.  Still

Archived