GDT: The End is Near Part 2 - Eli's Career Edition: Giants v Boys

MightyMouse07

3 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Yeah basically. There isn't a real path to the playoffs for us now.

Well, they still have to travel to NO in two weeks AND face Car the last week. If Carolina loses on Sunday that's 5 for them and they still have GB and Atl, I believe. So, if they lose 1 more plus a loss on Sunday, that would put them at 6. If Atl losses in two weeks to NO they would have 6. Carolina and Atl will be playing for their playoff lives in that game.

Someone HAS to lose a 7th game if that be the case.

Now we have to hope GB losses in week 17 because there is no way they lose to Clev and we will need them to beat Car to give them a 6th loss so GB will have to lose in week 17.

Of course Det has to lose one as well along with Sea losing 1 more plus against us AND we have to win out.

Looks bleak in deed but stranger things have happened.

The Packers and Lions both have 6 losses already and still have to play each other. The Packers also have to play the Vikings and Panthers. The Lions have lost 2 straight and just got blown out by the Ravens. Chances are both will drop a game before the years up. The Falcons, Saints, and Panthers can all finish with 6 losses or less and we can still go to the playoffs as a 6th seed.

We just need the Seahawks to drop the next 3 games: 

@Sacksonville(8-4), vs. Rams(9-3), and @ Dallas(6-6).

That's two tough teams and one easy one, but it's possible.

5 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Over/under on Dak hitting 150 passing yards Sunday?

ill take the under

Snow on the East Coast tonight into Saturday 3 to 5 inches. Sunday Winds out of the West at 14 mph on a 39 degree day at the meadow lands feeling more like 20 degrees.

40 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The Packers and Lions both have 6 losses already and still have to play each other. The Packers also have to play the Vikings and Panthers. The Lions have lost 2 straight and just got blown out by the Ravens. Chances are both will drop a game before the years up. The Falcons, Saints, and Panthers can all finish with 6 losses or less and we can still go to the playoffs as a 6th seed.

Don't forget Arizona at the end. Anything is possible.

41 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That would mean we would have to best the Saints or Panthers in a tie breaker because Atlanta has the head to head on us. There would be 4 division winners and 2 wildcards. If Car, NO, Atl and Dal all finished with 10-6 records the Div winner is in and then it is two out of three. If Atlanta is one of them, we would need a tie breaker scenario for Car and NO.

Not sure how that would work out for us.

9 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Snow on the East Coast tonight into Saturday 3 to 5 inches. Sunday Winds out of the West at 14 mph on a 39 degree day at the meadow lands feeling more like 20 degrees.

I don't have a good feeling about this game. And this just made it worse...

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

That would mean we would have to best the Saints or Panthers in a tie breaker because Atlanta has the head to head on us. There would be 4 division winners and 2 wildcards. If Car, NO, Atl and Dal all finished with 10-6 records the Div winner is in and then it is two out of three. If Atlanta is one of them, we would need a tie breaker scenario for Car and NO.

Not sure how that would work out for us.

Don't you worry. I worked it all out in this little simulation:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Seattle: L, L, L, W (9-7)

@Jags, Rams, @Dal, Cards

Green Bay: W, L, L, W (8-8)

@Brown's, @Car, Min, Det

Detroit: W, W, L, L (8-8)

@Bucs, Bears, @Cin, GB

Carolina: L, W, W, L (10-6)

Min, GB, Bucs, @ATL

Atlanta: W, L, W (10-6)

@Bucs, @NO, Car

New Orleans: W, W, W (12-4)

Jets, ATL, @Bucs

Minnesota: W, W, W, W (14-2)

@Car, Cin, @GB, Bears

#1 Vikings (14-2)

#2 Eagles (13-3)

#3 Rams (12-4) vs. #6 Cowboys (10-6)

#4 Saints (12-4) vs. #5 Falcons (10-6)

We win tie breaker over Panthers (10-6)

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Let’s lower it to 100 yards then

I'm not as worried about this one as some of you seem to be.  Coaching change or not, this is still a 2-10 football team that has struggled mightily on offense for the last two seasons.  Their OL is without Justin Pugh and is otherwise the same unit we did very well against in Week 1.  The bad weather should affect both team's ability to pass and as the better running team, I think that plays to our advantage if anything.  Only way I see us losing this one if if we turn it over a lot.  Can't see us losing if we play a clean game, the Giants just aren't good enough this year to beat us otherwise.

2 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

I'm not as worried about this one as some of you seem to be.  Coaching change or not, this is still a 2-10 football team 

My worry doesn't necessarily stem from the Giants but more our lack of success. We can call it a trap game, or an easy matchup, or a bad team until we are blue in the face. The fact remains that since week 1 we have only 3 more wins than the Giants. Three. That's what has separated us since our week 1 game.  We aren't head and shoulders above them. We beat them by 2 scores with Zeke. I can see it being a bit closer in New York, in December, with a fired up fresh staff, without Zeke. Especially with the way we have been playing. I understand feeling like we should win this one but I can't understand being confident. Hell as far as finishing above us in the East the Giants still control their own destiny. 

Archived