GDT: The End is Near Part 2 - Eli's Career Edition: Giants v Boys

MightyMouse07

Just now, DaBoys said:

My worry doesn't necessarily stem from the Giants but more our lack of success. We can call it a trap game, or an easy matchup, or a bad team until we are blue in the face. The fact remains that since week 1 we have only 3 more wins than the Giants. Three. That's what has separated us since our week 1 game.  We aren't head and shoulders above them. We beat them by 2 scores with Zeke. I can see it being a bit closer in New York, in December, with a fired up fresh staff, without Zeke. Especially with the way we have been playing. I understand feeling like we should win this one but I can't understand being confident. Hell as far as finishing above us in the East the Giants still control their own destiny. 

Considering we pretty much need to win out to keep our already faint playoff hopes alive and that it is a divisional rival, I can not see us taking this game lightly.  And with Sean Lee back in the defense, I think we should be solid on that side of the ball.  We just came off a win against Washington in which Dak did not play that well and we have had extra time to prepare for this game.  So like I said, unless we completely crap ourselves, I have a hard time seeing us losing.  I won't say I am super confident, but I am not particularly concerned either.

Would anyone consider resting Sean Lee one more week? I don't think this will be easy but probably our easiest game left. I would hate for him to aggravate his leg against the 2-10 Giants if they truly are as much of a dumpster fire as they appear.

OK I said when it comes to finishing above us in the NFC East the Giants control their own destiny. That isn't true. I had a momentary lapse in sobriety and clouded the NFL version of the term "control your own destiny." They don't control anything.

What I meant was, if we lose our final few games(one being against them) and they win theirs(one being against us) then they could actually finish ahead of us in the division. I say that to bring attention to the fact that while the Giants are the NFLs current laughing stock, we are just a smidge better. That speaks to the parity in the league but also to our own failures without Zeke.

Archived