Coach for 2018 who's your choice

Dashing202

I'm done fellas, I'm done with Jay gruden I am done with Kirk cousins And i am done with Manusky and Bruce Allen.

what coaches can we hire to replace gruden ?

josh Mcdaniels ? Harbough?

Marvin Lewis ? Lol jk there 

Or does Gruden simply stay? 

To me I feel as if David Shaw would be a good choice.

42 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

Jay gruden. not his fault our team is made of glass. im telling you if we can get a good running game and a top 15 D we will be a top nfc contender. kirk IS the only reason we are competitive.

How are you going to have a top running game with a coach that refuses to stick to the run? The top RB we had run all over us last night. But please, let's keep Jay and continue going 6-10 to 9-7 every year. 

I want a new Head coach & QB.

Neither inspire me!

You guys may be comfortable retaining, bad clock management, end of the 1/2 meltdowns, poor performances in huge games & terrible in game play calling for pts. But I'm not!

example...we should have run, run, run, run in the cousins red zone 1st int.

taken the fg and gone up 3-0.

we didn't...

sometimes you have to play conservative & take what you can for pts. Go up early & put the pressure on the other team.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

How are you going to have a top running game with a coach that refuses to stick to the run? The top RB we had run all over us last night. But please, let's keep Jay and continue going 6-10 to 9-7 every year. 

he gives up because he knows the o-line cant run block. we have 4th string players on the line.

You can check my post history on the old forum, I was one of the very first ones to start banging the Jay Gruden drum. I wanted him to coach this team so badly. We got him and I was on cloud nine and then the most unexpected thing ever happened, Dan hired a real deal GM. 

Now, in true Snyder fashion, he's just about destroyed all of that in a very short amount of time. All the excitement has been ripped away and we'll probably lose our QB too. 

I guess the point I'm getting to is I just don't care anymore. Jay sucks as a headcoach. I'm so bummed that he's turned out to be this bad but he has not just made mistakes but he's repeated them for four freaking years. FOUR!. He's not going to grow as a coach, the light isn't suddenly going to come on. This is who he is. So if you want to keep him and watch him waste next years batch of talent, by all means. Let's have another go at it next year and when we're still calling stupid timeouts, challenging extremely stupid plays and having delay of game after delay of game then maybe we can move on. 

There is zero point in getting a new head coach at this point. As long as Allen is in charge and Dan Snyder cares more about a new stadium instead of getting someone to fix the team, Jay Gruden won't be any better or worse, as least as a coach, then whatever gets brought in here.

But getting rid of Jay means basically restarting. New coaches will mean new schemes. Cousins will have to learn a new system, and I believe we can only franchise him one more time before that's done. It seems obvious he doesn't want to be here, so the new coach will likely have to draft a new QB and groom them. At the same time, he'll have to deal with the incompetence of the front office and the reputation that it has. This will result in more mediocrity, making it too difficult to effectively build players and develop a roster over several seasons. So in 3-4 seasons, we'll be talking about who we want to replace that coach.

The bottom line is that there is no reason to fire Jay with the front office in its current condition. Allen will franchise Cousins and he will play for the Redskins next season. So go ahead and take a shot and see if you can squeak into the playoffs. Better conditioning, a solid run stopping DT, and a receiver make this team pretty good. Every year it seems like this division is in flux.

Archived