Coach for 2018 who's your choice

Dashing202

7 hours ago, mike23md said:

4th string?

Try no string. They were car salesmen. 

Facts .

we been injured more than any team but I should of suggested which strentch and conditioning coach should we replace ours with because no way should we be this injured 

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

There is zero point in getting a new head coach at this point. As long as Allen is in charge and Dan Snyder cares more about a new stadium instead of getting someone to fix the team, Jay Gruden won't be any better or worse, as least as a coach, then whatever gets brought in here.

But getting rid of Jay means basically restarting. New coaches will mean new schemes. Cousins will have to learn a new system, and I believe we can only franchise him one more time before that's done. It seems obvious he doesn't want to be here, so the new coach will likely have to draft a new QB and groom them. At the same time, he'll have to deal with the incompetence of the front office and the reputation that it has. This will result in more mediocrity, making it too difficult to effectively build players and develop a roster over several seasons. So in 3-4 seasons, we'll be talking about who we want to replace that coach.

The bottom line is that there is no reason to fire Jay with the front office in its current condition. Allen will franchise Cousins and he will play for the Redskins next season. So go ahead and take a shot and see if you can squeak into the playoffs. Better conditioning, a solid run stopping DT, and a receiver make this team pretty good. Every year it seems like this division is in flux.

People can hate Allen all you want but with SM and Allen and Shanahan draft our team could be 11-5 right now and that's the truth .

we have a decent secondary with one elite corner .our DL I'll admit could of improved with bigger bodies but it's still better than it has been in the past.

our team is being held back I do blame Allen for no running backs or big body defensive linemen .

Since Turner (2000) no HC has lasted more than 4 years. Since Rypien (1993) no QB has made it to 4 years except Kirk. I think if Jay gave up the play calling he'd work out better as a HC. Or if he wants to do the play calling so badly, get a new HC - he can't handle both. Only Gibbs 2 has been to more than 1 playoff game since, well since Gibbs 1.  If Jay goes, is that the last straw for Kirk and he won't even consider staying in Washington?

Not a big fan of Jay but no consistency by the FO so hard to say.  6 HC's in the last 17 years - I don't know how many other teams have had that high of a turnover (1 HC every 3 years)  & been successful but I'm gonna guess not many. Throw in 13 QB's in the last 24 years that's a recipe for disaster.

29 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Gruden said that he won't replace Crowder because there's no one else to return .

really?

rashard Ross is on this team!! And we act like he can't return kicks that's crazy 

I'm pretty sure he's not on the team anymore dude. 

On 12/3/2017 at 8:35 AM, Dashing202 said:

Gruden said that he won't replace Crowder because there's no one else to return .

really?

rashard Ross is on this team!! And we act like he can't return kicks that's crazy 

I wouldn't care if they put a guy back there that called a fair catch every time at this point. 6 fumbles this season and 4 on punt returns then throw in 5 of Kirk's 8 int's have been when Jamison has been targeted. Still got a 1/4 season to go. 

But he does have exactly 1 TD. 

Kinda the definition of insanity: “doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

I’d keep Gruden. These players play for him. He might not make the perfect play call all the time but the team plays hard and to be in the games we have been in with the weekly pickups and the injuries to the best unit on this team our OL im sorry he doesn’t deserve to get fired. Hate on the calls all you want but it’s hard to run the plays you want when your bookend tackles are limping around all game. It’s hard to gain a yard and be physical when at one point your OL had one player left. It’s hard to gameplay effectively when your best weapon has been out since training camp. I believe in continuenty and I believe in the talent on this roster. We aren’t the most talented but this roster for the first time since Gibbs has the pieces that fit the identity of it’s coach. We have players with attitude. So we might not see Gruden yell. But these players don’t quit! That’s reflects coaching and that’s what I want from my coach. We will not tank and that is enough for me to believe we’re on the right path. I don’t need a roster full of top 5 picks. I need a roster full of players who believe in the process and in their coach. We’re getting there hold tight and I believe success is just around the corner. Pay Kirk and put whatever we have left in the front 7 and the OL and come back next year and punch the league in the mouth

On 12/4/2017 at 10:28 PM, SeattleSkin said:

I wouldn't care if they put a guy back there that called a fair catch every time at this point. 6 fumbles this season and 4 on punt returns then throw in 5 of Kirk's 8 int's have been when Jamison has been targeted. Still got a 1/4 season to go. 

But he does have exactly 1 TD. 

Kinda the definition of insanity: “doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

DeAngelo Hall caught the punts vs Seattle and we won in Seattle. If Hall is healthy the rest of the year he should return punts. At least he wouldn’t be a major reason why we lost 3 games this season if all he does is fair catch every punt.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x171205/nfl-2017-rating-job-security-every-head-coach

Gruden only a 2 of 5 (Cool seat)? That's awfully optimistic.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21681557/next-wave-nfl-head-coaches-2017-21-names-candidates-watch-hirings-firings

Assume for a moment that college coaches aren't available (so no Jim Harbaugh, David Shaw, and Kirk Ferentz). If they were going for a new coach, who would you want to target? Is your name not on that list?

7 hours ago, Woz said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x171205/nfl-2017-rating-job-security-every-head-coach

Gruden only a 2 of 5 (Cool seat)? That's awfully optimistic.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21681557/next-wave-nfl-head-coaches-2017-21-names-candidates-watch-hirings-firings

Assume for a moment that college coaches aren't available (so no Jim Harbaugh, David Shaw, and Kirk Ferentz). If they were going for a new coach, who would you want to target? Is your name not on that list?

Matt Patricia. 

Archived