2023 NFL Draft thread

paul-mac

6 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I’m sure Marvin Mims will be a good player, but he’ll be our 5th WR. It’s one position we are absolutely stacked at.

The Sanders pick I can get on board with. Not sure LB would have been a priority for me but he was a borderline first round grade at the top of the third so you can’t turn your nose up at that kind of value.

Riley Moss is a highly rated player who fills a need but I hate giving away next year’s third in a supposedly better draft class when we already traded away our second rounder as well. 

Honestly it’s a McDaniels level trainwreck and it absolutely strikes me as a Sean Payton draft rather than a George Paton draft which worries me that Paton’s voice is being marginalised. 

Most of all I am absolutely STUNNED that the trenches on both sides of the ball have been ignored. 

We’re stacked with mid at the WR position. I don’t mind the pick but agreed with others that both trade ups were surprising considering where the franchise is at draft capital wise 

I like all three players but I don’t like trading up and targeting players in the 3rd round. Felt reactionary due to having had to sit on their hands for the first 2 rounds. 

also wish we would have grabbed some linemen. Honestly there’s quite a few I like still available ( RT: Jones, OT: Duncan, Warren, Freeland, OG: Vorhees, Sow, Daniels, OC: Wypler,  Patterson) so hopefully one or more falls to our next pick

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I like all three players but I don’t like trading up and targeting players in the 3rd round. Felt reactionary due to having had to sit on their hands for the first 2 rounds. 

also wish we would have grabbed some linemen. Honestly there’s quite a few I like still available ( RT: Jones, OT: Duncan, Warren, Freeland, OG: Vorhees, Sow, Daniels, OC: Wypler,  Patterson) so hopefully one or more falls to our next pick

Wouldn’t be shocked if we traded up or traded assets again. We have multiple 4ths and 5ths next year

4 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

They seemed to make it quite clear he’s going to play CB. 

The pick was announced as safety though right? Not saying they haven’t made it clear based on whatever information you have but I think that is where my questioning comes from

14 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

The pick was announced as safety though right? Not saying they haven’t made it clear based on whatever information you have but I think that is where my questioning comes from

I think they just said DB, no? I could be wrong.

14 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Yes it was announced as a safety, but Payton stated he will be a CB.  I haven’t searched very hard, but have not found anything that has indicated Moss ever playing safety while at Iowa.  

Payton has also said Drew Sanders will be an ILB, but has the capability of stepping to the edge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yes it was announced as a safety, but Payton stated he will be a CB.  I haven’t searched very hard, but have not found anything that has indicated Moss ever playing safety while at Iowa.  

Payton has also said Drew Sanders will be an ILB, but has the capability of stepping to the edge.

Thank you. Yeah he has only played corner at Iowa and has an incredible amount of experience there. 

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Sutton will not be on this team past this season (if he even lasts the season). It's clear Payton views he and TP as redundant. They are both about to cost much more money. Mims isn't here to replace those guys though. He's here to replace Hamler and all the back end fodder we have that isn't NFL caliber (or fringe NFL caliber).

Jeudy is a big TBD. We should probably pick up the option, but if we don't I would understand. 

A year where he maybe only misses 1 game would make it easier. Durability has been the biggest issues besides the dropsies during his rookie year