Mock Draft: Two rounds with five trades + the Broncos, Browns, and 49ers (who don't pick until Round 3)

Mr.UFO

NOTE: According to the famed Jimmy Johnson draft trade chart, only Trades 1 and 2 affect the second round in this mock.

Round 1

1. Panthers: Bryce Young [QB, Ala]

2. Texans: Will Anderson [DE, Ala]

3. Cardinals: Tyree Wilson [DE, TTU]

4. Colts: Will Levis [QB, Ken]

5. Seahawks: Jalen Carter [DT, Grg]

6. Titans: C.J. Stroud [QB, OhS] {Trade 1}

7. Raiders: Anthony Richardson [QB, Flr]

8. Falcons: Jaxon Smith-Njigba [WR, OhS]

9. Bears: Darnell Wright [OT, Ten]

10. Eagles: Bijan Robinson [RB, Tx]

11. Lions: Christian Gonzalez [CB, Or] {Trade 1}

12. Seahawks: Myles Murphy [ELB, Clm] {Trade 2}

13. Packers: Nolan Smith [ELB, Grg]

14. Steelers: Peter Skoronski [OT, Nwn] {Trade 3}

15. Jets: Paris Johnson [OT, OhS]

16. Commanders: Broderick Jones [OT, Grg]

17. Patriots: Devon Witherspoon [CB, Ill] {Trade 3}

18. Lions: Michael Mayer [TE, ND]

19. Bills: Lukas Van Ness [DE, Iowa] {Trade 4}

20. Texans: Hendon Hooker [QB, Ten] {Trade 2}

21. Chargers: Brian Branch [S, Ala]

22. Ravens: Quentin Johnston [WR, TCU]

23. Eagles: Calijah Kancey [DE5t, Pitt] {Trade 5}

24. Jaguars: Joey Porter [CB, PSU]

25. Giants: Zay Flowers [WR, BC]

26. Cowboys: Dalton Kincaid [TE, Utah]

27. Buccaneers: O’Cyrus Torrence [G, Flr] {Trade 4}

28. Bengals: Kelee Ringo [CB, Grg]

29. Saints: Bryan Bresee [DT, Clm]

30. Vikings: Jordan Addison [WR, USC] {Trade 5}

31. Chiefs: Jalin Hyatt [WR, Ten]

Round 2

32. Steelers: Drew Sanders [ILB, Ark]

33. Texans: Cam Smith [CB, SCU]

34. Cardinals: Deonte Banks [CB, Mry]

35. Colts: Emmanuel Forbes [CB, MspS]

36. Rams: Will McDonald [ELB, ISU]

37. Seahawks: Darnell Washington [TE, Grg]

38. Raiders: Dawand Jones [OT, OhS]

39. Panthers: Mazi Smith [NT, Mch]

40. Saints: Jack Campbell [ILB, Iowa]

41. Lions: Keion White [DT, GT] {Trade 1}

42. Packers: Luke Musgrave [TE, OrS]

43. Jets: Trenton Simpson [OLB, Clm]

44. Falcons: B.J. Ojulari [DE, LSU]

45. Packers: Josh Downs [WR, UNC]

46. Patriots: Jahmyr Gibbs [RB, Ala]

47. Commanders: John Schmitz [C, Min]

48. Lions: Isaiah Foskey [DE, ND]

49. Steelers: D.J. Turner [CB, Mch]

50. Buccaneers: Anton Harrison [OT, OU]

51. Dolphins: Sam LaPorta [TE, Iowa]

52. Texans: Marvin Mims [WR, OU] {Trade 2}

53. Bears: Ade Adebawore [DT, Nwn]

54. Chargers: Siaki Ika [NT, Bay]

55. Lions: Daiyan Henley [OLB, WSU]

56. Jaguars: Matthew Bergeron [OT, Syr]

57. Giants: Julius Brents [CB, KSU]

58. Cowboys: Keeanu Benton [DT, Wis]

59. Bills: Noah Sewell [LB, Or]

60. Bengals: Antonio Johnson [S, TAMU]

61. Bears: Derick Hall [DE, Aub]

62. Eagles: Henry To'oto'o [ILB, Ala]

63. Chiefs: Blake Freeland [OT, BYU]

Round 3

67. Broncos: Zach Charbonnet [RB, UCLA]

74. Browns: Zach Harrison [DE, OhS]

99. 49ers: Wanya Morris [OT, OU]

Edited by Mr.UFO

2 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

8. Falcons: Jaxon Smith-Njigba [WR, OhS]

Why does this keep showing up here? Are people just being lazy and copying the worst mocks from the forum? This pick makes no sense. Stop givign the Falcons JSN.

2 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

44. Falcons: B.J. Ojulari [DE, LSU]

Good pick.

As said in the Brownie draft a few minutes ago.  A WR in the 1st for 3 years in a row is a serious issue and problem i will have with Fontenot if he does it.  I'll seriously start questioning him as the Falcons GM going forward.     For multiple reasons  1. Njigba dang sure isn't worthy of a top 10 pick i personally wouldn't take any WR in this draft top 15.  2.  A #3 WR on the depth chart isn't a top 10 value at all and never will be.  3. Theres just much better talent to be had at positions more needed than a #3 WR.  London is our #1 WR and Pitts we already run at WR 75% of his snaps on the field.  Thats gonna be even more with Jonnu Smith at TE now. 

Im not against a #3 WR in round 2 or 3 if the draft falls solid there but for dang sure not at 8 when you can get top tier talent like Spoon, Gonzo, Robinson, Wright, Skoronski, and heck i would even take Nolan Smith there over Njigba and not think twice about it.

There are really only 3 things Fontenot would do that i would question him on this draft and doubt he is the right choice for us going forward.  1.  Taking a WR or TE at 8.  2. Taking Richardson or Levis in the 1st round. and 3. Passing on Carter or Anders at 8 if either of them fall to us there by a miracle.

Edited by FalconFan13

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

Why does this keep showing up here? Are people just being lazy and copying the worst mocks from the forum? This pick makes no sense. Stop givign the Falcons JSN.

Good pick.

Before posting my mock, I endlessly rearranged my picks. I had Atlanta picking Tyree Wilson, but his stock has risen all the way to 3 or 4. JSN kept going in and out of my Falcons spot. If my mock was longer, I would give the Falcons a CB.

3 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

A #3 WR on the depth chart isn't a top 10 value at all and never will be.  3. Theres just much better talent to be had at positions more needed than a #3 WR.

Last night I was reading something from a Falcons writer who said that Mack Hollins should only be a #4 WR (despite starting for the Raiders last year). Maybe that was just his opinion of Hollins. Whether you consider Kyle Pitts a TE or WR, he's not going to be in the X or Z spot very often. Whether it's Hollins or a rookie, there will be an outside guy opposite Drake London.

Steelers much more likely to trade up for Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones than Skronski, who projects significantly better to OG in the NFL.   Steelers need an OT much more than IOL...and evem OT isnt exactly dire.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Before posting my mock, I endlessly rearranged my picks. I had Atlanta picking Tyree Wilson, but his stock has risen all the way to 3 or 4. JSN kept going in and out of my Falcons spot. If my mock was longer, I would give the Falcons a CB.

Again, this doesn't explain why you gave them JSN at 8. They won't go JSN at 8 or any other WR for that matter. They'll likely go Bijan or Nolan Smith. JSN shouldn't have been going into the spot in the first place.

2 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Last night I was reading something from a Falcons writer who said that Mack Hollins should only be a #4 WR (despite starting for the Raiders last year). Maybe that was just his opinion of Hollins. Whether you consider Kyle Pitts a TE or WR, he's not going to be in the X or Z spot very often. Whether it's Hollins or a rookie, there will be an outside guy opposite Drake London.

Yeah, but they can get that guy in the 2nd or 3rd round. They don't need to spend a pick at No. 8 for the 3rd or even 4th option in the passing game. 

3 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

208 snaps as an in-line tight end, 276 in the slot and 267 as a wide receiver.  With Jonnu Smith coming in and taking on much more of the inline TE spot.  That is going to push Pitts WR number up even more and less as a TE.  I would say you will more than likely see 50% of Pitts at the WR 2 spot and 80% total between Slot and #2 slot.

I think you are misunderstanding us in thinking we don't want a WR at all.  It's the opposite we are fine with another WR we just don't want to go 3 years in a fricken row in the 1st round on a guy who majority lines up at slot or WR.    You take a true elite #1 in the top 10 you don't take a guy who will be like the 4th or 5th option on most plays in the top 10.    Even more so when the guy you are taking there isn't even a top 10 talent that just makes no sense at all over more important positions and needs.    We are more than ok taking a guy like Hyatt in round 2 or Mingo in round 3 to be our #3 or 4 option and #3 targeted WR.

If Pitts was a 100% guaranted traditional TE that plays out of TE 80% of the time then i would be all for going Wr again because we would desperatly need one.  But Pitts isn't not do we use him like one we literally went out and traded for a traditional TE in Jonnu Smith so Pitts don't have to be lol.

Edited by FalconFan13

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

If Pitts was a 100% guaranted traditional TE that plays out of TE 80% of the time then i would be all for going Wr again because we would desperatly need one.  But Pitts isn't not do we use him like one we literally went out and traded for a traditional TE in Jonnu Smith so Pitts don't have to be lol.

I'm not sure how many snaps Jonnu Smith will get. FB Keith Smith got a lot of first down snaps last season (but I don't know if he will again in 2023; I'm not a Falcons fan). Also, Jonnu was a big free agent bust in NE. Maybe OC Dave Ragone thinks he can bring back the Titans version of him. (We all knew that the offensive experiment with former DC Matt Patricia as Patriots OC wasn't going to work.)

27 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

I'm not sure how many snaps Jonnu Smith will get. FB Keith Smith got a lot of first down snaps last season (but I don't know if he will again in 2023; I'm not a Falcons fan). Also, Jonnu was a big free agent bust in NE. Maybe OC Dave Ragone thinks he can bring back the Titans version of him. (We all knew that the offensive experiment with former DC Matt Patricia as Patriots OC wasn't going to work.)

It’s obvious you aren’t a listener either. Just completely disregarding the rest of what we’re saying. 

1 hour ago, Mr.UFO said:

I think you are forgetting Jonnu Smith was Arthur Smiths TE in Tennesee when Jonnu was pretty dang good.   Dave Ragone doesn't call our plays Arthur Smith does so he is literally going back into the same offense under the same coach and OC he had in Tennessee.  If anything Jonnu knows this offense better than the majority of the people on the team already XD    He was a 450 to 500 yard  and 5 + TD TE under Smith the 2 years he was with him.   Thats what got him his contract in NE in the 1st place :D

Also Keith Smith is our FB he is a lead blocker out of the backfield for our RB's not a TE.  That i can remember keith never lined up at TE either the entire time i have seen him as a Falcon so not sure why he would really tie into any of these discussions. 

Edited by FalconFan13

5 hours ago, 43M said:

Steelers much more likely to trade up for Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones than Skronski, who projects significantly better to OG in the NFL.   Steelers need an OT much more than IOL...and evem OT isnt exactly dire.

I figured that if Peter Skoronski's arms are too short to play tackle (which many believe), he can switch to guard. That's why the Steelers may want him, since he would fill one of those needs.