Sign in to follow this  
johndeere1707

Better WR trio?

Who was the better WR trio for the Bengals?

Group A: Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmanzadeh, and Chris Henry

Or

Group B: AJ Green, Marvin Jones, and Mohammad Sanu

granted Palmer was the better QB at the time. If I had to choose, I’d probably roll with Group B. If Henry wouldn’t have been so troubled I think Group A would win it for me. 

I think Group A for me.  Those guys had a good mix of seasoning and receiving ability.  Jones and Sanu were pretty green at the time.  And while they played well, defenses only feared AJ.  Defenses had to fear Chad and Henry both.  And Housh was a third down monster.

Lol. I just wanted to get an idea what most bengals fans though. I think it’s closer talent wise than most fans are willing to admit. 

It is A by far. Chad and TJ were elite at what they did. Henry was one of the toughest matchups in the game when he played. They were so much fun to watch. 

Group B if we weren't so cheap and resigned at least marvin jones

He's killing it in Detroit, Had a better statistical season than A.J Green. Granted he had stafford

3 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

A and it isnt even close to me. 

So you said a month ago. :D  See below.....

On 12/3/2017 at 11:08 AM, ochocinco4pres said:

It is A by far. Chad and TJ were elite at what they did. Henry was one of the toughest matchups in the game when he played. They were so much fun to watch. 

I almost responded again too, until I happened to scroll up

How would have Dalton fared with group A, and how would Palmer done with group B?

AJ Green would probably be considered the best in the game

AJ is easily the best receiver here, but Chad, TJ and Henry were all better in their primes than Sanu or Jones. At least as Bengals. Haven't really paid much attention to them since they left.

22 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

How would have Dalton fared with group A, and how would Palmer done with group B?

AJ Green would probably be considered the best in the game

I think that at this point, Palmer is turning into some sort of urban legend in Cincinnati.  There's really nothing to suggest he was any better than Andy Dalton.  Even if you add on his Arizona years.