Yankees hire Aaron Boone as manager

pwny

43 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Thompson's gone

Phillies

Yeah forgot he took that position. Think experience is gonna be a huge part in naming Boones bench coach tho. Pena is most likely in my opinion to return to his role as bench coach. Maybe Wedge might be brought in but I doubt it. 

22 hours ago, tom cody said:

Not a fan of the hire. His lack of experience at any level is concerning. Guess time will tell on this hire.

i mean, why do you need the experience in baseball? theres not a ton of x's and o's. If you can be a people person, manage player relationships well and incorporate at least some degree of analytics in your decision making youll be fine.

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i mean, why do you need the experience in baseball? theres not a ton of x's and o's. If you can be a people person, manage player relationships well and incorporate at least some degree of analytics in your decision making youll be fine.

Not that it much matters, but...

Yankees are gonna hire Josh Bard for Bench Coach. He was the Dodgers Bullpen coach for last few years. Before that he was a scout and a MLB Catcher. Expected to be the guy to help Gary Sanchez improve defensively.

Also expected to hire 3B coach Phil Nevin. A lot of experience as a minor league manager. Currently has the same position for the Giants. Many minor Leaguers believed him to be a future MLB manager which surprised me as he hasn't had much success as a manager. But he is highly respected and received a lot of promotions. He even. Interviewed for the Astros manager gig couple years ago.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2017/12/yankees_to_announce_new_bench_third_base_coaches.html

• 1 month later...

Don't ask how I got to this and be warned it is from 2013 but thought this was funny

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/9389802/how-well-do-know-baseball-rules-take-our-quiz

And seven of us media know-it-alls tried our luck -- six ESPN baseball "geniuses," plus Twins broadcaster (and longtime former player) Dan Gladden. You'll be shocked to learn our average score was a spectacular 4.4. Then again, we were dragged down a little by our otherwise-all-knowing friend, Aaron Boone, who somehow got one out of 10. (Full disclosure: I took this thing, too – and put a "6" on the old scoreboard. I'll take it.)

Archived