Trade values

LoganF89

So if cousins does not come back next year do we look at trading some high profile guys to get younger and try a rebuild with new coach? What picks could we get for these high paid players

trent williams

ryan kerrigan

josh norman

jordan reed

DJ Swearinger

my opinion is 

Williams 1st or high 2nd

kerrigan 1st or high 2nd

reed low 2nd to 3rd bc of health

norman 1st

swearinger low 3rd to 4th

if cousins is gone I want to rebuild with nothing but Youth and coaching.

the rest of the season I want to see more reps from Harvey-Clemons, Nicholson, Fuller, Moreau, Lanier, Harris, Perine, Catalina, and all our young bucks

i want to see Robert Davis on the field really badly

1 hour ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Hate to say it, but I would absolutely trade Jordan Reed for a 2nd round pick. His high salary cap number + his inability to stay on the field would force my hand if the offer was made. 

A third as well man I think the Rams would love him

How much dead money are you willing to eat?

Trent Williams - $9.4M dead - Cap saving $4.5M
Ryan Kerrigan - $6.4M dead - Cap Savings $6M
Josh Norman - $9M dead - Cap savings $8M
Jordan Reed - $4.5M dead - Cap Savings $4.9M
DJ Swearinger - $2.7M dead - Cap savings $1.7M

The team still eats the dead money in a trade.
Probably would never happen but if teams could trade cap space for players might see a lot more trades but I doubt the NFLPA would go for it. Still, it would be interesting.

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

We shouldn’t trade any of these players imo.

The only player I’d consider is Reed. While he and Doctson together would be great Reed just can’t be counted on. I wouldn’t just give Reed away but he’s the only player on the roster I’d consider not having back next season

13 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

The only player I’d consider is Reed. While he and Doctson together would be great Reed just can’t be counted on. I wouldn’t just give Reed away but he’s the only player on the roster I’d consider not having back next season

Yup. Reed is a fantastic force at TE.

When healthy...

Probably would only get a conditional pick based on playing time with his new team. Conditional 3rd could easily drop to a 5th and you wouldn't be able to use that pick till 2019 irregardless. Don't know that I'd have an issue with that but that's a likely scenario. Don't see a team giving out a whole lot on a draft pick but for another player - Skins might do better. 

A healthy Jordan Reed, and this is a not brainer. But the injuries, OMG. 

2013 - Thight Bruise; Concussion: Placed on IR

2014 - Missed 5 games due to hamstring injury.

2015 - Minor Knee Surger in off season; hamstring missing 2 games; Concussion; MCL and ankle sprain; separate Grade 2 MCL Sprain

2016 - Concussion; Shoulder A/C Joint Dislocation

2017 - Pedal Toe Fracture; Strained Hamstring missing 5 games

His injury risk per game is nearly 13%. His chance of injury in 2017 was 88.2%. 

Sorry. It’s time to dump Reed. Multiple hamstring and concussion issues. Hid the concussion symptoms in 2013 which forced him to the IR. 

Of the list provided, after the 2018 season is when Reed is favorable towards the cap. The others are not favorable for at least a few years. Norman, Williams, Kerrigan etc. 

We are not far away, but we have issues with injuries and need to get better in that department. I believe its a different season if injuries don’t kill this team. 

On 04/12/2017 at 10:07 PM, mike23md said:

A healthy Jordan Reed, and this is a not brainer. But the injuries, OMG. 

2013 - Thight Bruise; Concussion: Placed on IR

2014 - Missed 5 games due to hamstring injury.

2015 - Minor Knee Surger in off season; hamstring missing 2 games; Concussion; MCL and ankle sprain; separate Grade 2 MCL Sprain

2016 - Concussion; Shoulder A/C Joint Dislocation

2017 - Pedal Toe Fracture; Strained Hamstring missing 5 games

His injury risk per game is nearly 13%. His chance of injury in 2017 was 88.2%. 

Sorry. It’s time to dump Reed. Multiple hamstring and concussion issues. Hid the concussion symptoms in 2013 which forced him to the IR. 

Of the list provided, after the 2018 season is when Reed is favorable towards the cap. The others are not favorable for at least a few years. Norman, Williams, Kerrigan etc. 

We are not far away, but we have issues with injuries and need to get better in that department. I believe its a different season if injuries don’t kill this team. 

This. Either cut, traded, or the deal re-worked.

Post June 1st cut = Dead cap of $1.8M in 2018 and $3.6M in 2019.
Saves $8.5M against the cap. 

1 minute ago, footy_29 said:

This. Either cut, traded, or the deal re-worked.

Post June 1st cut = Dead cap of $1.8M in 2018 and $3.6M in 2019.
Saves $8.5M against the cap. 

Post June 1 though really shows no class on our part...wtf am I saying, this is Bruce Allen. He dont give a shizzy. Worst case, he goes to Dallas, unless traded. I guarantee you, Kyle would love him some JoReed out in San Fran. 

4 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Post June 1 though really shows no class on our part...wtf am I saying, this is Bruce Allen. He dont give a shizzy. Worst case, he goes to Dallas, unless traded. I guarantee you, Kyle would love him some JoReed out in San Fran. 

Who's taking that contract? Even without the guaranteed dollars the Redskins organization will have paid, who ties up that much money on Jordan Reed and gives up the resources to acquire him?

Jordan Reed got paid 14.4 million - despite the injury history - for the last two seasons. Cutting him and letting him earn a prove-it contract in an advantageous situation (if he determines that he is not going to restructure to stay with the Redskins) is the right thing to do for the player. 

Yes there is elite hands/catching ability and he is fluid, but the contract jumps up and that makes him harder to move except by release. 

7 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

Who's taking that contract? Even without the guaranteed dollars the Redskins organization will have paid, who ties up that much money on Jordan Reed and gives up the resources to acquire him?

Jordan Reed got paid 14.4 million - despite the injury history - for the last two seasons. Cutting him and letting him earn a prove-it contract in an advantageous situation (if he determines that he is not going to restructure to stay with the Redskins) is the right thing to do for the player. 

Yes there is elite hands/catching ability and he is fluid, but the contract jumps up and that makes him harder to move except by release. 

Remember, teams have a ton of money to spend right now, and San Fran is one of them. If Kyle think that he could move his TE for a future 2nd and a 2018 4th, he could. And he could take on that contract without blinking. 

Archived