Trade values

LoganF89

4 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Remember, teams have a ton of money to spend right now, and San Fran is one of them. If Kyle think that he could move his TE for a future 2nd and a 2018 4th, he could. And he could take on that contract without blinking. 

And give the Redskins valuable assets for an oft-injured TE with concussion history? Kyle Shanahan has his flaws, but he's smart enough not to do that. 

Teams may take Reed for a conditional pick, maybe a 5th that becomes a 3rd if he plays in >14 games in 2018. Most teams wait it out in this situation. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We would be selling Jordan Reed incredibly low if we tried to move him this offseason.  You don't sell when your stock is down, its bad business.  

His injury probability was nearly 90% for this season. I have a firm belief that it is likely to be higher next season. If you can save some money and gain picks for him in the sense that you are not taking the high risk high reward option and moving into the low risk unknown reward, freeing up cap space and obtaining potential quality players, that is good business. 

What benefit does he do for the team if he cant be on the field and getting paid all that money? That money could go towards an offensive guard who is a free agent this off season like Cooper, Fluker, Mewhort, or signing back Breeland and drafting a G. 

I am just done with Reed and his injuries. He was labeled Glass and he might as well be graphite. 

25 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

And give the Redskins valuable assets for an oft-injured TE with concussion history? Kyle Shanahan has his flaws, but he's smart enough not to do that. 

Teams may take Reed for a conditional pick, maybe a 5th that becomes a 3rd if he plays in >14 games in 2018. Most teams wait it out in this situation. 

Sure. And we could be one of them. Like I said, his cap number is not friendly enough next season to really move him, but it is plausible that we could. 

25 minutes ago, mike23md said:

His injury probability was nearly 90% for this season. I have a firm belief that it is likely to be higher next season. If you can save some money and gain picks for him in the sense that you are not taking the high risk high reward option and moving into the low risk unknown reward, freeing up cap space and obtaining potential quality players, that is good business. 

What benefit does he do for the team if he cant be on the field and getting paid all that money? That money could go towards an offensive guard who is a free agent this off season like Cooper, Fluker, Mewhort, or signing back Breeland and drafting a G. 

I am just done with Reed and his injuries. He was labeled Glass and he might as well be graphite. 

I hear ya.  But when he's on the field he's the most elite offensive weapon we have.  We can't just dump him to get cap space.  

But you can't keep him eating cap space from players that could be playing either. Its a balancing issue and sometimes you have to cut your losses. I cannot wait for him to be healthy as this team needs to add players who can stay on the field. 

Keeping him past this season, and they're paying him $8.5 million. Maybe the plan is to gamble one more time with that money and ship him off in the 2019 offseason.do that 

Rewind to last offseason and if they can get Bennie Logan signed, perhaps the defense gets off the field and avoids the now characteristic collapses. If there is a choice between 8 million for Reed and a legit NT or ILB, I'd make that switch. 

1 minute ago, footy_29 said:

Keeping him past this season, and they're paying him $8.5 million. Maybe the plan is to gamble one more time with that money and ship him off in the 2019 offseason.do that 

Rewind to last offseason and if they can get Bennie Logan signed, perhaps the defense gets off the field and avoids the now characteristic collapses. If there is a choice between 8 million for Reed and a legit NT or ILB, I'd make that switch. 

tumblr_mds9eaB2y51qi9d7mo1_.gif

DILLY DILLY!!

13 minutes ago, mike23md said:

But you can't keep him eating cap space from players that could be playing either. Its a balancing issue and sometimes you have to cut your losses. I cannot wait for him to be healthy as this team needs to add players who can stay on the field. 

If they trade him we'd only save $4.9 mil against the cap.  You can trade him post June 1st and save $8.5 mil, but all the premium free agents would be long gone by then.  Jordan Reed has a much bigger chance to make a positive impact than anyone signed for $4.9 mil will IMO.  Like Footy said, the time to move on from Reed is after next year.  Besides, this is probably Gruden's last chance next year anyways.  If he fails Reed could then be dealt to be the rebuild.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If they trade him we'd only save $4.9 mil against the cap.  You can trade him post June 1st and save $8.5 mil, but all the premium free agents would be long gone by then.  Jordan Reed has a much bigger chance to make a positive impact than anyone signed for $4.9 mil will IMO.  Like Footy said, the time to move on from Reed is after next year.  Besides, this is probably Gruden's last chance next year anyways.  If he fails Reed could then be dealt to be the rebuild.  

Even I said to deal him after 2018 in the other thread I created. It was most beneficial for the team and in terms of his salary. 

18 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If you know that you’re going to dump Reed after June 1st, then you draft his replacement or sign one. I don’t like signing one because they typically are not a quality player. But drafting one is not out of the question or at least seeing what you have in Sprinkle. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

If you know that you’re going to dump Reed after June 1st, then you draft his replacement or sign one. I don’t like signing one because they typically are not a quality player. But drafting one is not out of the question or at least seeing what you have in Sprinkle. 

Hard to believe that Sprinkle is ready to make the jump (strength), and that is important because there would be some changes in the playbook depending on his readiness. Not the same type of player as Reed either.

Mike Gesicki subbed for Jordan Reed

or

Mark Andrews
Dallas Goedert 

It's doable. My hope, increasingly is for DL/ILB in the first and TE in the second.

On 12/7/2017 at 6:58 AM, mike23md said:

They have Davis drafted Sprinkle and can re-sign Paul or Logan Paulsen as their blocking TE or draft a TE in the mid rounds who can block and catch if Reed is gone but I frankly don’t see them trading him.

P

On 12/7/2017 at 8:53 AM, footy_29 said:

Hard to believe that Sprinkle is ready to make the jump (strength), and that is important because there would be some changes in the playbook depending on his readiness. Not the same type of player as Reed either.

Mike Gesicki subbed for Jordan Reed

or

Mark Andrews
Dallas Goedert 

It's doable. My hope, increasingly is for DL/ILB in the first and TE in the second.

I’m not convinced Gesicki is a 2nd rounder. I have him going in round 3. We could also take Marcus Ball from Ohio State in round 4 or 5 if Reed is traded to San Fran. Ball has a lot of talent it’s just he didn’t have a qb to get him the ball consistently but he is a good blocker as Ohio State ran about 60% of the time. If they know they are going to trade Reed in June I’d still wait until the mid rounds to go TE then they can still go DL/ILB in rounds 1 & 2. 

Archived