2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It applied to Davante and every other player we drafted during Rodgers career. 

To be fair, Davante wasn't that guy early on. He was god awful in year two also. Took him until year three to actually be good.

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

You’re right, it’s not a rule. If there’s no player at EDGE, CB, DL or OT, we should go WR.

Do you think that’s going to happen within the first 12 picks in this draft considering the prospects in this current draft?

need to factor in roster construction and opportunity. A DL pick is almost a waste with Wyatt and Clark rostered and young, cheap, ascending guys already behind them, for example. The extractable value over the relevant 3-4 year window is highly dependent on current roster and hugely important for maximizing value.

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:
#Packers Final mock draft tracker:
@dpbrugler : JSN
@JoshNorris : JSN
@PSchrags : JSN
@MelKiperESPN : Darnell Wright
@MoveTheSticks : Dalton Kincaid
@evansilva : JSN
@caplannfl : JSN
@TampaBayTre : Myles Murphy
@DannyBKelly : Myles Murphy
@AlbertBreer : Michael Mayer

Me: Lukas Van Ness

So no JSN lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not taking a CB for reasons I've stated. Seems like a wasted pick for unless you're giving up on Stokes. Maybe Witherspoon because he's a slot guy, but he'll be gone anyways. 

CB definitely isn't a waste pick. You play 3 of them regularly and we could easily add value at that position in '24-'26 with a premium rookie

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The second round (roughly picks 30-60) might be my favorite part of this draft in terms of prospects. 

That's why I want to trade down and get a couple of extra shots there. So many players there with every little drop off from most of round 1. Many with very high ceilings too. 

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bukowski has Packers trading down to 19 so Bucs can take Will Levis. That's a possibility I hadn't thought of.  That would give Packers 42, 45 and 50 in 2nd round. 

19 - Lukas Van Ness 

42 - Mazi Smith

45 - Isaiah Foskey

50 - Rashee Rice

on my big board

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bukowski has Packers trading down to 19 so Bucs can take Will Levis. That's a possibility I hadn't thought of.  That would give Packers 42, 45 and 50 in 2nd round. 

Ehhhhhhh.

Last time we went from HOF QB to HOF QB those three second round picks went 1/3.

15 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I just don't see that as very likely.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I just don't see that as very likely.

There was another rumor the target was Nolan Smith. Maybe they see #11 from the Cowboys and want to use him that way. 

Good thing is we only have about 9 hours to debate it before we find out.