2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

Just now, Old Guy said:

There was another rumor the target was Nolan Smith. Maybe they see #11 from the Cowboys and want to use him that way. 

Good thing is we only have about 9 hours to debate it before we find out. 

I mean, if they're moving up the board why wouldn't one of the teams ahead of us (i.e. Chicago, Philadelphia, Tennessee, or Houston) accept that deal before Green Bay.  I feel like Green Bay would absolutely need to kick something back.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if they're moving up the board why wouldn't one of the teams ahead of us (i.e. Chicago, Philadelphia, Tennessee, or Houston) accept that deal before Green Bay.  I feel like Green Bay would absolutely need to kick something back.

I'm just a dude on a message board repeating rumor! LOL 

Trade chart says they could get to between pick 10 - 11. Who knows maybe they talked to those teams, and they won't move. Maybe it's just a rumor on the internet with no validity to it whatsoever. 

I'm going with Broderick Jones at 13.  Lots of different ways they could go but you take Bakh out of the equation as we will by his knee injury or contract next year and you have a massive hole there.   LT isn't a position you hope and see what happens, you need a stud there.  Jones fits the Georgia requirement, held Will Anderson in check.  There's 4 or 5 other players and positions they could take and would make sense, but, I'm going with Jones if they pick at 13.  We'll see.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Something like 13/78  for 19/50/'24 3rd could work?

34 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bukowski has Packers trading down to 19 so Bucs can take Will Levis. That's a possibility I hadn't thought of.  That would give Packers 42, 45 and 50 in 2nd round. 

Yeah .. I want to do something like this.  Pitt at #17 could be an option as well.  They want one of the top Olinemen.  We'd probably only get a 3rd rounder in return, but that would probably be sufficient for a move down of four spots.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Those teams may not want to trade back based on who falls to their pick.

Ex.

CHI - Paris Johnson
PHI - Jalen Carter
TEN - Murphy
HOU - JSN

I prefer a trade down from #13. But if they stay at #13, then RT Darnell Wright or an Edge like LVN or Murphy makes sense to me. Another hypothetical is if the Packers managed a trade down from #13 that involved a 2024 1st rnd pick in the package. Sort of insurance for Love in the unlikely-but-slight-possibility he bombs and the Packers go like 6 wins and want to trade up to nab a Caleb Williams or Derek Maye in 2024 draft.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

CB definitely isn't a waste pick. You play 3 of them regularly and we could easily add value at that position in '24-'26 with a premium rookie

I would agree with Witherspoon. I didn't look at him a lot but I believe Gonzalez is more of a boundary guy. Where is he going to play unless you bench Stokes? GB wants to keep Alexander outside and Stokes can't play inside. Unless Gonzalez can play slot, you're benching your No. 1 pick this year or from two years ago. Seems like a luxury pick to me for a team without other roster holes and we have plenty. Just my 2 cents. 

11 minutes ago, dust247 said:

Those teams may not want to trade back based on who falls to their pick.

Ex.

CHI - Paris Johnson
PHI - Jalen Carter
TEN - Murphy
HOU - JSN

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying I think it's very unlikely.  When you start talking about getting sweetheart deals, I think you start to get into the wishful thinking territory.