2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

12 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Lol all these picks. If we though sneaking guys through waivers was nerve wracking last season just wait until this August.

I think we're going to see a LOT of draft picks get carried over simply because of their draft status.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think we're going to see a LOT of draft picks get carried over simply because of their draft status.

I get that we need to fill some spots on the cheap but that will be a long list of priority udfa who we draft. I guess they get an extended audition and the new PS rules create more opportunities for these guys. I’ll trust Gute and Ball but outside of being cash strapped, we probably don’t need that many guys picked so late. 

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Just looking at the offseason roster, it is pretty easy to pick out 9 players right now to replace with draft picks.  You can even go just straight by position of the draftees so far and make 1 for 1 substitutions without much hesitation.

3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I get that we need to fill some spots on the cheap but that will be a long list of priority udfa who we draft. I guess they get an extended audition and the new PS rules create more opportunities for these guys. I’ll trust Gute and Ball but outside of being cash strapped, we probably don’t need that many guys picked so late. 

Another way to look at it is, this safety class is bad.  So we will just throw 3 darts at the position, and see who sticks.  Use a 5, a 6, and a 7.  Maybe we roll with Carpenter, Savage, Ford, and the 6th.  Or maybe we hit on more than one pick.  

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Isn't Carpenter an LB now?

Yes. We’ve also got Moore , 3rd rounder from SF who washed out after achilles tear. Maybe he gets back to form but not an inspiring group of new guys. Just don’t try to outsmart everyone like TT and end up in safety hell for multiple seasons.

Hoping for a steady vet. 

Edited by Refugee

6 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Isn't Carpenter an LB now?

Packers roster has him listed as S.  But he is 6'3 230.  I also don't recall him playing defense at all last year, just STs.  I believe he and Leavitt were both highways last preseason when they played safety.  But that was preseason.  

18 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Yes. We’ve also got Moore , 3rd rounder from SF who washed out after achilles tear. Maybe he gets back to form but not an inspiring group of new guys. Just don’t try to outsmart everyone like TT and end up in safety hell for multiple seasons.

Hoping for a steady vet. 

Marquand Manuel?