2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

What fishing trip? I don't fish. Does it include return flights? What contest? Is it too late to enter?

On 4/18/2023 at 8:32 PM, squire12 said:

Green Bay Packer Draft Contest.  (just kidding on the fishing trip.... unless @vegas492 actually invites you)

Check your sauces and put your predictions on the GB Packer 2023 draft selections. 

*****************GB NOW HAS 11 DRAFT PICKS**********************

How it works:

However many draft picks the Packers have going into the draft is the number of pick groupings that everyone has.  Packers have 11 picks heading into the draft, everyone will have that many. This draft contest uses pick numbers not the draft round numbers. In other words, pick number 1 is not necessarily in round # 1 of the draft, but the first player GB drafts.

For each pick (11 as of right now, but could change before the actual draft) you get to pick 5 players that you think could be the Packers draft pick. 

ENTRIES DUE BY Start of draft on Thursday April 27th 2023

Scoring as noted below.  

Point scoring (Correct player AND correct pick#)

A. 20 points

B. 16

C. 12

D. 8

E. 4

Correct player, off by 1 pick# (either way)

A. 14 points

B. 11

C. 8

D. 5

E. 2

Correct player, off by 2 pick#  (either way)

A. 10 points

B. 7

C. 5

D. 3

E. 1

EXAMPLE: using last year

Pick # 1

(A) Quay Walker

(B) George Karlaftis

(C) Dax Hill

(D) Chris Olave

(E) Devonte Wyatt

Quay Walker scores you 20points (correct player and correct pick# in slot “A”).

Devonte Wyatt scores you 2 points (correct player but wrong pick# (off by 1) from slot “E”).

Please use the template as provided below.   GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Pick # 1

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

Pick # 2

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

Pick # 3

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

Pick # 4

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

Pick # 5

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

Pick # 6

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

Pick # 7

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

Pick # 8

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

Pick # 9

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

Pick # 10

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

Pick # 11

(A)

(B)

(C)

(D)

(E)

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

@JBURGE

With the 40th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft the NOLA Saints select Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame! 

I considered going on to say good call but was too lazy. I still think he sucks, and the saints are the one team that would definitely overdraft a large end who ends up suckling (Payton turner 2021 1st, Davenport 2019 1st)

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Apparently we drafted a 7th round WR, a TE that can't get open and another TE that can't play the position. Thrilling analysis you'll find in the NFL General subforums.

Went to nfl general....

Interesting choice, alcohol kills similar amount of brain cells and probably less frustrating while being more fun!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I considered going on to say good call but was too lazy. I still think he sucks, and the saints are the one team that would definitely overdraft a large end who ends up suckling (Payton turner 2021 1st, Davenport 2019 1st)

The draft is a crapshoot, and one man's treasure is one man's trash. I was mostly just joking with you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Nope.  It was from me in the draft subforum.  As a Packers fan, I'm not a fan of what we've done so far.  LVn looks the part, but he doesn't do more than bullrush right now.  That said, he has room to grow.  Musgrave was an awful pick imo.  He is a great athlete but has no clue how to play TE, no clue how to block, and gets injured.  That's not good at 42.  Reed at 50 is even worse.  He is a 3rd day guy at best with poor testing scores outside of a fast 40(which is largely useless in terms is scouting a WR).  He's a JAG.  Not what you want at 50.  Kraft I mind the least of our day 2 picks, but he has to make a huge jump in terms of competition.  He needs a lot of seasoning to be a viable NFL player.

Lol do you even watch college football? Or is your opinions solely based off highlight reels and draftnik community scouting reports?

Alright, trade up to the top of the 4th to nab Antonio Johnson (we have more picks than we know what to do with) and we'll call it a day/draft. 

And @Ragnarok, your analysis differs greatly from the people paid to do this shyt: we nabbed the supposed best TE in the class says the experts (though coming off a knee injury was a noted concern). So much that they gave us shyt for taking the other, possibly better TE with other pressing needs (Safety, hello?).

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Apparently we drafted a 7th round WR, a TE that can't get open and another TE that can't play the position. Thrilling analysis you'll find in the NFL General subforums.

Personally I love checking out the Facebook groups. Awesome entertainment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Spoiler alert: We’re not drafting a WR or a TE in the first round of next year’s draft.

Shhhh. Lets keep this our little secret. I enjoy the annual tradition of prognosticators and fans mocking a wr to the Pack in round 1 and then getting pissed when they don't draft one. Brings me joy

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

With 9 picks, get to know this list today. 

Jacquelin Roy plays like he should be an undrafted free agent. He was way overrated going into the draft by the 'experts'! 

Love to snag AA, even though it's not a need. He could turn into something, or he could bust. I'd take a chance on the measurables at this point.