2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'll circle around and do my smarter than Gute list in the next day or so.

And while many picks don't pan out, 0 for 5 in the 3rd round with 5 awful players is not a good track record.

Watching a draft unfold is like watching a teacher teach. We all think we can do it better.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm not convinced the actual tiers weren't:

Tier 1- Kincaid

Tier 2 - LaPorta, Meyer, Musgrave, Kraft, etc.

It's possible. I hope it turns out to be the case. I think tier two was LaPorta and Mayer, Washington before whatever red flags he had.  

I think the following things should be largely uncontroversial

- Guys who are big, strong, and fast are never useless close to the line of scrimmage on defense.
- The Packers have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to 2nd round WRs.
- If you draft a TE, no matter who, the odds are stacked against you getting out of that guy on a short timeframe.

12 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I'll circle around and do my smarter than Gute list in the next day or so.

And while many picks don't pan out, 0 for 5 in the 3rd round with 5 awful players is not a good track record.

Not trying to be a jerk, but circling back after the draft is over kind of defeats the purpose.  Making the picks in real(ish) time is kind of the point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think the following things should be largely uncontroversial

- Guys who are big, strong, and fast are never useless close to the line of scrimmage on defense.
- The Packers have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to 2nd round WRs.
- If you draft a TE, no matter who, the odds are stacked against you getting out of that guy on a short timeframe.

I think Love is about to put that #3 option to the test. I think he's gonna involve the TE's in our passing game far more than AR ever did. Why do I think that? Admittedly, it's nothing more than a hunch.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I think Love is about to put that #3 option to the test. I think he's gonna involve the TE's in our passing game far more than AR ever did. Why do I think that? Admittedly, it's nothing more than a hunch.

Probably because hopefully we don't have trash at TE anymore. 

Right now it does look like GB will throw a lot more 12 Alignments on the field along with 11. We may see less 21 as a result.

I hope I got the terminology right. The first number is for RB?

Edited by Zycho32

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Do it now like the GM has to.  Seeing the full draft played out gives you the advantage on future events and players available that impact your " on the clock " decision.

I always wait until the end just to get all of my thoughts together in one spot.  There is no reason to lie, if I am right or wrong, it changes nothing.  

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Not trying to be a jerk, but circling back after the draft is over kind of defeats the purpose.  Making the picks in real(ish) time is kind of the point.

I get that, but my priorities are my 19 month old, my fiancees bday in NOLA this weekend, modding the draft forum, a few others thing, and then getting to this.

I'll tell you now that I wanted Paris or JSN at 13.  LVN was my fallback choice, so ill go JSN at 13.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I always wait until the end just to get all of my thoughts together in one spot.  There is no reason to lie, if I am right or wrong, it changes nothing.  

It's just different making the picks in real time.  The real problem for me is dedicating the time to ensure I will be around to make the picks when GB is on the clock.  Usually not a problem on day 1 & 2, but I typically don't devote my Saturday to watching the draft.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I get that, but my priorities are my 19 month old, my fiancees bday in NOLA this weekend, modding the draft forum, a few others thing, and then getting to this.

I'll tell you now that I wanted Paris or JSN at 13.  LVN was my fallback choice, so ill go JSN at 13.

I get it completely.  The time commitment is the problem.