2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Considering that Gute has hit on zero players in the 3rd round and drafted one pro bowl caliber player in the 2nd(though hopefully Christian changes that) since taking over, let's stop pretending like he is infallible.

I hope I'm wrong about these guys and ill happily eat crow if I am, but sometimes a pick is bad from the minute its made.

a lot of times posts are bad from the minute they're made, too

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It feels like the useful paradigm for looking at draft picks is basically "huh, why did they do that?" because you can usually figure out some kind of reason.  Remember that the teams have much more information than we do, and generally are not careless.

absolutely.

GM's get to make 1 pick, 1 player.  saying that you would have picked 1 of like 5 or 6 players is playing the field and GM's don't get that advantage.  EVERY GM would love to be able to take multiple players with each pick, but only get to take 1

With 9 picks tomorrow, Gute will have lots of flex to move around.  Packers have their own unique scouting valuations.  But they ought to be able to move around some to get some of the guys who they perceive as BPA.  

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

I hope I'm wrong about these guys and ill happily eat crow if I am

I know when I read that line some terrible takes are coming. It's the most common hedge people take when they just wanna throw emotional shade without consequences. 

Some Packers who might be pretty encouraged after Day 2:  

Innis Gaines, Rudy Ford, Tarvarius Moore, and Nixon too.  Was a large chance that some secondary guy would have been targeted by now.  But with nothing but Day-3 picks added as new competition, Gaines and Ford should see their windows of opportunity remaining wide, wide open.  I hope they are able to capitalize and convert on their opportunities.  

1 minute ago, craig said:

Some Packers who might be pretty encouraged after Day 2:  

Innis Gaines, Rudy Ford, Tarvarius Moore, and Nixon too.  Was a large chance that some secondary guy would have been targeted by now.  But with nothing but Day-3 picks added as new competition, Gaines and Ford should see their windows of opportunity remaining wide, wide open.  I hope they are able to capitalize and convert on their opportunities.  

I think Ford is the day 1 starter at safety, did a very good job when thrown in there after joining the Packers with no training camp.