2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think Kincaid is the best pure receiver. Mayer is the best all-around TE. Both guys make amazing catches.

Trying to find a comp for Mayer and the only guy I can think of is Jason Witten. Not even sure that is great but he's not beating you athletically. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How did that work out for last year's #8, Amari Rodgers. Therefore, it's a trade down. 

Amari was never meant to be No. 8. He was No. 3 in college but couldn't wear that number for the Packers. JSN is No. 11 and will be No. 11. Again, it's science. 

• Like 1

I just started a mock draft and JSN was taken by the Titans at 11. Kincaid is gone too. 

Im torn between Christian Gonzalez and Paris Johnson Jr. I think OT is obviously more of a need but it’s hard to not take Gonzo in this situation.

who would you pick?

1 minute ago, gopackgo972 said:

I just started a mock draft and JSN was taken by the Titans at 11. Kincaid is gone too. 

Im torn between Christian Gonzalez and Paris Johnson Jr. I think OT is obviously more of a need but it’s hard to not take Gonzo in this situation.

who would you pick?

PJJ

• Like 1

The trade up tells me that we want an OT.  Had to get in front of the Jets for that to happen.

Then along the way, we like some EDGE guys and if one happens to fall, so be it.

JSN maybe sneaks in there, and if he's on the board with an OT or an EDGE, there is going to be a lot of conversation in the GB war room.

There's no rationale explanation as to why we would trade up and take a TE, be it Mayer or Kincaid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

The trade up tells me that we want an OT.  Had to get in front of the Jets for that to happen.

Then along the way, we like some EDGE guys and if one happens to fall, so be it.

JSN maybe sneaks in there, and if he's on the board with an OT or an EDGE, there is going to be a lot of conversation in the GB war room.

There's no rationale explanation as to why we would trade up and take a TE, be it Mayer or Kincaid.

I too thought getting 13 meant Gute wanted an OT. But it could be to get ahead of Patriots to take JSN.

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I too thought getting 13 meant Gute wanted an OT. But it could be to get ahead of Patriots to take JSN.

Yes.  There will be discussion if there is JSN on the board with either an OT or EDGE.  For sure.

Historically I'd say it is an easy win for an OT over a WR in the first.  

But....we do need more Wr's.  And JSN fits nicely.  It'll be fun to watch.

My only question is this...to the board...

WHAT BOURBON AM I DRINKING TONIGHT?

Blantons?  Elijah Craig Barrel Proof?  Knob Creek 12 year?  Pappy Van Winkle, 10 year?  1792 Sweet Wheat?  Elijah Craig 18 year?  McKenna 10 year?  Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel?  Eagle Rare?

Or...do I stick with some lesser labels, like New Riff Single Barrel, Old Forrest Prohibition Style, Knob Creek Single Barrel or 12 Point Droptine?