2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

No reason for it, I'm not even particularly enamored with him, but I want Jalin Hyatt!

Not at 13 obviously. Doubt he is there at 42 but could be if we are willing to gamble. Hence, I fancy a trade up into of the bottom of the 1st to snag him on a five year rookie deal.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yes.  There will be discussion if there is JSN on the board with either an OT or EDGE.  For sure.

Historically I'd say it is an easy win for an OT over a WR in the first.  

But....we do need more Wr's.  And JSN fits nicely.  It'll be fun to watch.

My only question is this...to the board...

WHAT BOURBON AM I DRINKING TONIGHT?

Blantons?  Elijah Craig Barrel Proof?  Knob Creek 12 year?  Pappy Van Winkle, 10 year?  1792 Sweet Wheat?  Elijah Craig 18 year?  McKenna 10 year?  Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel?  Eagle Rare?

Or...do I stick with some lesser labels, like New Riff Single Barrel, Old Forrest Prohibition Style, Knob Creek Single Barrel or 12 Point Droptine?

You're more of a connoisseur than me. I'll toast you with a Bulleit or Woodford Reserve.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I too thought getting 13 meant Gute wanted an OT. But it could be to get ahead of Patriots to take JSN.

It could be to get ahead of NE for a number of different players. Listening to Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah talk about NE at 14 and they thought that pick screamed Van Ness. NE could use OL help also. None of us know who the Patriots are hot for, but guessing the Packer have a good idea.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

I just started a mock draft and JSN was taken by the Titans at 11. Kincaid is gone too. 

Im torn between Christian Gonzalez and Paris Johnson Jr. I think OT is obviously more of a need but it’s hard to not take Gonzo in this situation.

who would you pick?

Christian Gonzalez although I wouldn't be mad with PJJ either. 

When I started thinking GBs #1 (15 at the time) my initial thought was OT. Not that we've drafted OT this high in recent memory.....it just seems like a "GB type move." I think we're at a changing of the guard position (bad word choice...but you get the idea....) what with BAK being on his last legs and I'm not sure we've got the bodies/skills on the roster currently to fill the holes long term. The caveat for me is I'm not sure how deep the position is in this draft and can we secure that guy later on.

Myles Murphy or Darnell Wright.  Pundits have us all taking a WR or TE.  Will they never learn.  If Wilson falls slam dunk but doubt he does.  Really think Gutenheimer is targeting an Edge at #13.  Just makes too much sense.  If there is a run on them he pivots to OT.  

40 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

You're more of a connoisseur than me. I'll toast you with a Bulleit or Woodford Reserve.

One of my everyday standby bottles is Woodford Reserve Double Oaked.  

If you have a Total Wine by you, go grab a bottle of First Call Double Oaked.  It is all of $33 and from what I've had, it is even superior to Woodford Reserve Double Oaked...and that is saying something.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1