2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

15 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Quote the rest. 13 1,000 yard rookie receivers since 2011 compared to 12 in every year combined before then since the start of the NFL.

Receivers are easier to find. Regardless of whether or not they’re a premium position in terms of value, they are not a premium position in terms of availability. At any time there are 40 NFL receivers capable of being a number one on a team. Now how many #1 DL, EDGE, QB, OT and CB can you find at any given time in the NFL?

Mac ready with the supply and demand argument

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Did that ILB or did he not have the dumbest mistake in the past 30 years of Packer history while not being awe-inspiring at any point?

Not a shining beacon there.

Hes a kid... he will have learned from it this time. 

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

For reference GB could trade 42 and 45 and get as high as 19/20. Based on draft value charts. Granted a team would need to want to move down that far.

But GB, if aggressive could get:

13: JSN/Wright/LVN/whoever

and

20: Kincaid or Mayer

I would HATE that especially with IMO the value for TE being in early round 2. Snag Washington or Musgrave early round two with a less drastic trade up and then grab Strange, Mallory, or Kuntz late to double dip. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mox said:

I think the fact that the Packers visited with so many TE's shows they probably feel comfortable with the depth and will take one day two.

Agreed.  I think we go TE with one of our SRPs, and then we probably throw another one early on Day 3.  I could easily see a situation where we go with a combination of Darnell Washington and someone like Josh Whyle.

• Like 3

Just now, CWood21 said:

Agreed.  I think we go TE with one of our SRPs, and then we probably throw another one early on Day 3.  I could easily see a situation where we go with a combination of Darnell Washington and someone like Josh Whyle.

Sign me up for that unless somehow Sam LaPorta is there with our third-round pick, then take him. 

• Like 1

JSN.  He really isn't a top 15 WR.  Just not athletic enough.  

Only reason I'm on that train is because he would fit really, really well with Doubs and Watson.  Like perfectly.  He'd take pressure off of them and they would really compliment each other.

If it wasn't for Watson and Doubs both being on the team, I'm not taking JSN at #15.

Then there is this...I'm not overly in love with any of the other WR's in the draft that will be had in rounds 2-4.  Tank Dell is probably the one I like the most and he surely does not fit a "typical" WR profile for us.  But man that kid is electric.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Quote the rest. 13 1,000 yard rookie receivers since 2011 compared to 12 in every year combined before then since the start of the NFL.

Receivers are easier to find. Regardless of whether or not they’re a premium position in terms of value, they are not a premium position in terms of availability. At any time there are 40 NFL receivers capable of being a number one on a team. Now how many #1 DL, EDGE, QB, OT and CB can you find at any given time in the NFL?

Exactly why you do not take a TE or WR at pick 13. If your board falls where a WR and TE are your best options, do everything you can to trade down and get an extra 2nd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I would HATE that especially with IMO the value for TE being in early round 2. Snag Washington or Musgrave early round two with a less drastic trade up and then grab Strange, Mallory, or Kuntz late to double dip. 

Sure I get that. I’m just throwing ideas out there. And most “experts” have 3 TEs going in round 1 now (Kincaid, Mayer and Musgrave/LaPorta). So the next 2 guys Washington and Musgrave/LaPorta… as you said… might require a trade up in round two, Ala Watson.

I guess it just depends on how much GB likes one of those guys.

Edited by Green19

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

It’s ice.

Perhaps....but outside the light coming from the head of whomever/whatever that is....it looks like the closing scenes of the first Bourne movie.
Regardless....that how I keep yours and PRs separate.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Only reason I'm on that train is because he would fit really, really well with Doubs and Watson.  Like perfectly.  He'd take pressure off of them and they would really compliment each other.

If it wasn't for Watson and Doubs both being on the team, I'm not taking JSN at #15.

Then there is this...I'm not overly in love with any of the other WR's in the draft that will be had in rounds 2-4.  Tank Dell is probably the one I like the most and he surely does not fit a "typical" WR profile for us.  But man that kid is electric.

8.34 RAS score says otherwise.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Wasn't JSN an 8.29 RAS with elite quickness?

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

double

Edited by Mox