Ravens extend QB Lamar Jackson (5 year deal, $260M, $185M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Curious When Burrow and Herbert follow? I can see Spanos dragging his feet being the tightwad he is. Joe, might be forced to sign first!

Herbie will get paid. He's the only thing right now bringing any semblance of Chargers fans to games, which is already small anyway like it was with Rivers I'd have to imagine.

My key takeaway is that the Hurts deal is nothing like the Lamar deal… at least where it matters. So anyone saying that’s Lamar owes Hurts agent for doing his deal for him has been proven incorrect.

Hurt’s deal seems similar to the leaked September deal Lamar turned down, this deal is far better on Lamar’s end.

More of a strong assumption, but it’s well known that Lamar can be loyal to a fault, so honestly to me it sounds like he was all for the union and the top QBs sort of “colluding” and flexing their power to get the owners to cave towards offering fully guaranteed dollars, perhaps the goal was to try and set a precedent together… or at least that was what Lamar believed might be the goal.

Yet Hurts signing his deal, sends a message that the players/NFLPA is too weak and not strong/united enough to force dramatic change.

Thus perhaps once that became obvious his divided loyalties subsided and it was easy for him to determine that the most recent Ravens offer was too good to pass up on both sides. So for that reason I’m thankful for Hurts and his agent getting a deal done when they did.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah that's garbage 2025 is the restructure or cut year post season most likely lol. Curious what the dead cap hit would be in 2026 when we'd cut him if injuries/insert NFL thing here happen.