NFL Draft '23

ravishingone

6 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Wonder how we attack day 2. OL - OTs are off the board in terms of potential starting LTs. 

Edge: Draft is deep at this position. could wait til the 3rd. 

Safety: Would love Sydney Brown. 

QB: No to Levis; maybe Hooker? 

Still some quality OT  available (Dawand Jones, Bergeron)

Or CB/S 

Or even Edge 

No to Hooker for me

Stoked for day 2

7 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Still some quality OT  available (Dawand Jones, Bergeron)

Or CB/S 

Or even Edge 

No to Hooker for me

Stoked for day 2

Dawond Jones or Bergeron would immediately tell you that Wirfs is moving to LT. Or not taking a tackle at all. Maybe the guy from Alabama would play LT if we took him in round 2. 

Big question for all is: if Levis is there at pick 50 - do we take him? Its a strong possibility he has that fall deep into day 2 as well. Lions have  3 picks though in this round - do they take a flier ? 

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Dawond Jones or Bergeron would immediately tell you that Wirfs is moving to LT. Or not taking a tackle at all. Maybe the guy from Alabama would play LT if we took him in round 2. 

Big question for all is: if Levis is there at pick 50 - do we take him? Its a strong possibility he has that fall deep into day 2 as well. Lions have  3 picks though in this round - do they take a flier ? 

I highly doubt Levis makes it out of the first 5 picks, but if he slides to 50, I think you bite the bullet. The value is too good to pass on there. 

1 hour ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

I highly doubt Levis makes it out of the first 5 picks, but if he slides to 50, I think you bite the bullet. The value is too good to pass on there. 

I feel like theres a chance he makes it past the first 5 though. Don't see Arizona, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Indy, Denver, nor LAR Taking him. I can see New England maybe? 

Legitimate question on Levis: when you speak of upside - is it just Big arm and good athleticism/mobility? 

To me - that means nothing if the internal clock of a QB isn't there after 5 years of college football. It was like that at Penn State and kentucky. He basically has zero feel for the rush nor very good vision to read the field. 

If it were footwork and adapting to the speed of the game that may have thrown off his accuracy - I'd say sure. But he has horrendous pocket awareness, feel, and hasn't improved his ability to come off his first read and throw on time. 

He can have all the talent in the world with a gifted arm and athleticism; but I feel his weaknesses aren't correctable.