🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

Wilson is the exact type of EDGE I love. He is nasty, mean, and strong AF. He is a DOG. Similar to Bosa, Garrett, and Mack in previous drafts. He’s no where near as polished as those guys, but he has the same raw traits as those guys. Strength, power, insane wingspan. 

What people don’t understand is Wilson’s ceiling is so much higher than Anderson’s it’s insane. Anderson had the safest floor of any prospect of this draft. Nice little 10 sack guy a year. But Wilson, IF, IF, he develops can be a superstar 20 a sack a year guy. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah but we have to be able to cover. 

So are you just being upset to be upset?  A minute ago it was your mad about Carter.  Now we need a corner?  Lol I'm not being  a **** it just isn't lining up.  The faster you can make a QB scared, the easier it is to cover.  

I think in 2 years we'll look back and be like.... Good move.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 4

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We got a guy to get after the QB. That's what we need to help us win games in this division. If he can get his first step just a little quicker, he will be insanely good. 

The only reason I'm good with this pick is because when you're drafting this high, there's only a few positions that can really change a team, picks like this is how SF got to be SF. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We got a guy to get after the QB. That's what we need to help us win games in this division. If he can get his first step just a little quicker, he will be insanely good. 

How does one improve first step? I feel like you either have that reaction time or you don't.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Super Bowl Eagles weren’t concerned but I’m assuming Dave Ziegler is a better and more competent GM than Howie Roseman? Lmao

Ah come on now -- I'm all in on Carter being the most talented player in this draft but this is an apples to oranges comparison and I think you know that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Super Bowl Eagles weren’t concerned but I’m assuming Dave Ziegler is a better and more competent GM than Howie Roseman? Lmao

The Eagles are going all in THIS year. They just need Carter to behave for ONE year. 

Life is a little less complex when you are drafting with an All In mentality. Eagles made the right choice. Vegas also made the right choice. 

• Like 2

Just now, Totty said:

So are you just being upset to be upset?  A minute ago it was your mad about Carter.  Now we need a corner?  Lol I'm not being  a **** it just isn't lining up.  The faster you can make a QB scared, the easier it is to cover.  

I think in 2 years we'll look back and be like.... Good move.  

I don't at no point said I was upset. I wish we had got Carter because Carter plays defensive tackle. he doesn't play situational inside pass rusher sometimes what is primarily an edge rusher which we paid someone to be last year or remain nameless. I proceeded to say before and after words that I completely understand why we didn't get Jalen Carter. Just mentioned that if not Jalen Carter then I would've liked to have seen Christian Gonzalez. Because it fixes another part of the field. It doesn't have to be this emotional thing lol

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It’s a totally different context. Not only did they get to the super bowl and therefore can take more risks (not least because they have another 1st rounder too), but they also have half his college teammates and a roster full of vets. All of which will make the risk so much easier to manage and give him a better chance to succeed.

You are daft to not see the situations as ritually different and the risk far less for the Eagles

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How do you know they aren’t concerned? 
you can be concerned and still draft someone? 
or just saying things to say things? 
I think having his college teammate plays a role there.

• Like 1