🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Eagles are going all in THIS year. They just need Carter to behave for ONE year. 

Life is a little less complex when you are drafting with an All In mentality. Eagles made the right choice. Vegas also made the right choice. 

Good teams take elite talent when they can. Bad teams take lesser players. Never works out. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wilson is the exact type of EDGE I love. He is nasty, mean, and strong AF. He is a DOG. Similar to Bosa, Garrett, and Mack in previous drafts. He’s no where near as polished as those guys, but he has the same raw traits as those guys. Strength, power, insane wingspan. 

What people don’t understand is Wilson’s ceiling is so much higher than Anderson’s it’s insane. Anderson had the safest floor of any prospect of this draft. Nice little 10 sack guy a year. But Wilson, IF, IF, he develops can be a superstar 20 a sack a year guy. 

We could potentially have the best passing rushing duo in the NFL 🔜 

Wilson , Max and Chandler Jones on pass rushing downs 👀

Can we at the very least say this is 100% not a WTF pick? Whether you are high in Wilson or not. If you would’ve rather risked Carter or picked Gonzalez (who is still out there btw), can we all agree that we picked a player roughly where he should’ve been picked?

Thats like major progress for us no????

• Like 8

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I hope I am wrong about Wilson. I'll go on record saying I am not a fan. Position of need and has a lot of nice tools. However the injury concerns and snap reaction are a major red flag for me.

I'd love nothing more than an elite DE duo of Crosby and Wilson. 

Who would you have chosen? And if Carter was off the board(which I understands), who else?

Just now, reddevil said:

Can we at the very least say this is 100% not a WTF pick? Whether you are high in Wilson or not. If you would’ve rather risked Carter or picked Gonzalez (who is still out there btw), can we all agree that we picked a player roughly where he should’ve been picked?

Thats like major progress for us no????

This was a class pick, even if some of us would have taken a different player. They had a board and stuck to it. 

It was NOT a Gruden or Al Davis pick. Thank god. It was our first “sane” pick since the McKenzie days. Although McKenzie was a horrible drafter outside of 2014 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nice little 10 sack guy a year. But Wilson, IF, IF, he develops can be a superstar 20 a sack a year guy. 

I swear u say anything just so when that one in a million hits you can say I told ya.

how many 20 sacks seasons are there every decade?  Like 5

Most years a top 5 sack total is around 12-13… that’s far more reasonable 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This was a class pick, even if some of us would have taken a different player. They had a board and stuck to it. 

It was NOT a Gruden or Al Davis pick. Thank god. It was our first “sane” pick since the McKenzie days. Although McKenzie was a horrible drafter outside of 2014 

This I do agree with

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I swear u say anything just so when that one in a million hits you can say I told ya.

how many 20 sacks seasons are there every decade?  Like 5

Most years a top 5 sack total is around 12-13… that’s far more reasonable 

I’m just saying Wilson has the highest no QB ceiling of the draft which I said many times before the draft. Anderson has the safest floor and a 8-11 sack a year player. Heck Louis Riddick just said on air the same thing, Anderson not a super high ceiling, 10 sacks a year, safe. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’m just saying Wilson has the highest no QB ceiling of the draft which I said many times before the draft. Anderson has the safest floor and a 8-11 sack a year player. Heck Louis Riddick just said on air the same thing, Anderson not a super high ceiling, 10 sacks a year, safe. 

Then say that… that’s actually not even a hyperbole it’s even prolly true.