🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m just saying Wilson has the highest no QB ceiling of the draft which I said many times before the draft. Anderson has the safest floor and a 8-11 sack a year player. Heck Louis Riddick just said on air the same thing, Anderson not a super high ceiling, 10 sacks a year, safe. 

Out of curiosity where do you base Wilson having like this super high ceiling on?

Edited by Jeremy408

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m just saying Wilson has the highest no QB ceiling of the draft which I said many times before the draft. Anderson has the safest floor and a 8-11 sack a year player. Heck Louis Riddick just said on air the same thing, Anderson not a super high ceiling, 10 sacks a year, safe. 

I've read a lot of the same things pre-draft. There was a reason so many mocks had him going top 5 or 6

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Out of curiosity where do you base Wilson having like this super high ceiling from?

Generational wingspan, generational play strength, and a dog of dogs. 

He could certainly bust, no question. He could also be a star. 

Looks like we are building a bully. Find the “toughest” corner of R2, and that’s probably our pick.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Out of curiosity where do you base Wilson having like this super high ceiling on?

It was fairly commonly acknowledged. There are questions though, which is why he wasn't #1. He was still projected to go top 6 even with those questions by so, so many. Which is a testament to his ceiling. 

• Like 2

Just now, BayRaider said:

Generational wingspan, generational play strength, and a dog of dogs. 

He could certainly bust, no question. He could also be a star. 

Looks like we are building a bully. Find the “toughest” corner of R2, and that’s probably our pick.

He's got the generational arms for sure. I don't see crazy explosion and he didn't really test which is a key part of being an edge guy. And his bend is above average. He played in a lot of one on one situations so I'm not fully sold on the generational play strength. 

What does he do that makes you say dog of dogs? Not saying that it's not true I'm just trying to understand where you get it from

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

He's got the generational arms for sure. I don't see crazy explosion and he didn't really test which is a key part of being an edge guy. And his bend is above average. He played in a lot of one on one situations so I'm not fully sold on the generational play strength. 

What does he do that makes you say dog of dogs? Not saying that it's not true I'm just trying to understand where you get it from

His comps don’t have generational bend either. His bend is good enough for his overwhelming wingspan and strength. 

Add a couple pass rushing moves, and improve his first step, and he’ll be amazing. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

His comps don’t have generational bend either. His bend is good enough for his overwhelming wingspan and strength. 

Add a couple pass rushing moves, and improve his first step, and he’ll be amazing. 

I just feel like you have to be explosive too though. Clelin Ferrell was a strong player and while his arms weren't 36 they were 34 1/8 and we all know how that turned out. I hope he does really well. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

If his foot holds up.

And that's another thing that I haven't really heard anything about from anyone until you mentioned it right now was he missed most of the off-season because he got foot surgery. Why is that being ignored?

Every draft site and draft board had Wilson around 5-8. Draft Network, DJ, Bucky, CBS, etc. but PFF had him 28 trying to be cute with their analytics. PFF hates “ceiling” type picks.. and they actually develop and are great they don’t exactly admit they are wrong they just say “the model needs a little tweaking”. Sometimes those guys annoy me so much. It’s like they don’t understand some players are raw and can develop into superstars. 

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

It was fairly commonly acknowledged. There are questions though, which is why he wasn't #1. He was still projected to go top 6 even with those questions by so, so many. Which is a testament to his ceiling. 

But I'm not really a fan when it comes to like "highly sought after". Like I want to hear why not just that "people wanted to draft him high"

Just now, NYRaider said:

For those supporting the Wilson pick can you please give me a list of top tier pass rushers who’s weaknesses are first step, burst, explosiveness and bend? 

Right this is kind of the challenge for me. Plus I'm not really fond of defensive players from the big 12(a division not known for producing great defenders)

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

For those supporting the Wilson pick can you please give me a list of top tier pass rushers who’s weaknesses are first step, burst, explosiveness and bend? 

To me he reminds me a lot of a more slender deforest buckner. I know it's a weird comparison but that's what I hope he can turn into.

• Like 1