Alshon Jeffrey Signs a 4 year deal

eagles18

I'm glad they waited til things were clicking between him and Carson...the first 4 games or so there wasn't a ton there aside from that set-up reception for Jake's game-winner.

It's nice to have a guy like Alshon, who might not have 193 yds 2 tds type WOW games...but will consistently make big tough plays for you. 
He's a nice piece to have with Ertz, and it's nice that Wentz has two of his biggest Weapons locked up for the foreseeable future.

He's been a really good, consistent receiver for us. 
And seems to really love it here, I'm glad he'll be sticking around.

I don't think this deal will look so "huge" once everyone sees what the other FA WRs get in the off season. I wanted us to resign him in the offseason anyway...I didn't even consider us locking him down before the playoffs began. Incredible.

$13 mil a year for him isn't bad at all. If we would have paid him top WR money (15-17/year like AB) then that would have been a bit too much.

All the key guys we have locked up for the next 3-4 years.....hot damn. Someone get me some new jorts. I'm literally out.

And that list should also include Sidney Jones, Mack Hopkins, and Rasul Douglas as well. 

Plus we have Mills for 2 more years for peanuts and Darby for one more year plus (I think) a 2019 option though I might be wrong on that. 

So we really just need to retain Bradham and Graham this off season, and Darby will be our next big resigning in the 2018 season. 

FWIW I've read that B-Rex has been saying that he and the team are working on another extension that will keep him here another 3-4 years. 

giphy.gif

#mood

Alshon has been a key addition this offseason as well. People forget but he said we had talent at WR before coming here and it was up to him to help elevate this group and serve help as mentor (a true mentor, not "Miles Austin -esque"). He's done just that, and more while not complaining about getting the ball more. Its funny because looking back at our Bears game last season, and seeing Alshon laugh and interact with Nelly, Duce, and so many other Eagles, I just had this weird feeling he was going to be an Eagle that offseason. Now here we are signing him to an extension. 

Really hope we get to keep Bradham too. Foles, Torrey, Curry, & Kendricks (who I hope we keep and reconstructure) are likely gone. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I dunno, maybe we move forward without Bradham and use Hicks Kendricks and Walker as our LBs?

I said it in another thread, Bradham isn't coming back, he's played great and has earned a pretty big payday.

17 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

So we really just need to retain Bradham and Graham this off season, and Darby will be our next big resigning in the 2018 season. 

FWIW I've read that B-Rex has been saying that he and the team are working on another extension that will keep him here another 3-4 years. 

Graham isn't a free agent until next year, I did read we were trying to find a new deal for him but doubt we pay Timmy, Alshon AND B-Rex who can wait to be paid. If anyone is next, it should be Bradham IMO 

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I said it in another thread, Bradham isn't coming back, he's played great and has earned a pretty big payday.

Idk.... its already been proven that he's a star primarily in Schwartz defense. I remember when we signed him, Bills fans said he would be a star again in Schwartz D, and they weren't kidding. If he is overpaid I'd let him walk.

Just now, DeJack_10 said:

Graham isn't a free agent until next year, I did read we were trying to find a new deal for him but doubt we pay Timmy, Alshon AND B-Rex who can wait to be paid. If anyone is next, it should be Bradham IMO 

I don't know if it happens. But multiple reliable sources have said that we have been talking to Graham about an extension. 

With the cap rising, the flux of team friendly deals around the team, and the savings we will have after releasing a few players (and maybe restructuring guys like Kendricks and Curry), I think its very possible to resign both Graham and Bradham by March. 

Have to also remember that we don't have as many picks as normal which of course means more space. And also we should prepare for a very boring free agency period for us (especially compared to what we've seen lately). 

Archived