I Hate Alshon Jeffery

IronMike84

I understand why he wanted out. Dealt with a cancerous locker room, Trestman/Emery, then Fox blows and we were signing Glennon as a starting QB.

Pace should have franchised him and traded him at least. Jeffrey is in a damn good situaltion, good for him.

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Good for him. I hate that he didn't want to resign with Bears but I can't blame him.

I think he's a bit overrated though. That's big money for not a whole lot of production.

No 1000 yard seasons since 2014. We should expect this to set the upcoming UFA market. Don’t think for a minute Landry and Adams aren’t going to expect as much or more. 

3 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

I dont hate him. I hate the Bears decision to not replace him. 

Well...I'm not big on being a Bears apologist, but their hands were sort of tied. Only a certain amount of things they could do in a single off-season, then the Meredith and White injuries happened. They could have drafted Corey Davis and kept hold of Cutler instead, I suppose...

50 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

No 1000 yard seasons since 2014. We should expect this to set the upcoming UFA market. Don’t think for a minute Landry and Adams aren’t going to expect as much or more. 

Hard to say if it'll set the market or not, but at least Landry would actually be worth the money. I'd be shocked if Landry actually becomes a free agent, though. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Well...I'm not big on being a Bears apologist, but their hands were sort of tied. Only a certain amount of things they could do in a single off-season, then the Meredith and White injuries happened. They could have drafted Corey Davis and kept hold of Cutler instead, I suppose...

Hard to say if it'll set the market or not, but at least Landry would actually be worth the money. I'd be shocked if Landry actually becomes a free agent, though. 

What they could have done

1. Not wasted 6 million guaranteed on Wheaton

2. Not left no one backing up Kevin White because he is the biggest bandaid ever.

3. Draft JUJU

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

2. Not left no one backing up Kevin White because he is the biggest bandaid ever.

3. Draft JUJU

White’s injury history is the deadest horse in the history of dead horses. They should have had a better backup plan there and didn’t. No despite. The rest though is revisionist history.

Wheaton was seemingly intended as a complementary piece, not as a boundary player. He was meant to have been our #3/4 WR inside viable boundary players, and that’s the role where he fits best. At no time have we been able to put him in that role. They thought they were getting 2015 pre-shoulder injury Wheaton (44/749/5), and they haven’t. He’s been hurt and then irrelevant. Who knows if he would have fared differently had our boundary WR not been out all year where he could fill the role we brought him in to fill. 

JuJu looks great now, but he’s in an ideal situation with a legit star opposite him, an innovative playcaller and a superstar RB. Nobody was pounding the table for him in here during the draft. You can play this game every year and always find a player we should have taken now that the prospects are more known commodities. Let’s revisit that one after we get a playcaller who will actually use Shaheen to see what he is though. If he’s what they believed on draft day then the choice they made was fine. 

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

3. Draft JUJU

He is more like the infected cut underneath the band aid,  I mean since a band aid is meant to cover up and heal an injury and he is an injury.

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

3. Draft JUJU

1) They hoped Wheaton would be at least a serviceable player for them. And that's not a stupid assumption, by any stretch. 

2) Kevin White even being on the roster was a big mistake. But it's the sort of mistake teams make all the time. So...I don't know...

3) They wanted a dynamic TE with that pick instead--not knowing Meredith would be lost for the year, or that any of the other WRs they signed wouldn't pan out. 

Archived