Welcome Home Peezy Jr!

warfelg

This is my thing with JPJ. Yes, he lacks the INTs, but the ball skills are there. He gets a ton of pass breakups and allows a very low completion percentage (34% in man coverage). The turnovers will come, I think it could be as simple as a mindset change and some coaching at the next level. This is where Pat Peterson and Teryl Austin come into play.

Another knock on him is, “will he draw too many penalties at the next level?” Is it a concern? Yes. He is a physical corner. But he dropped his PI penalties from 6 to 2 from his junior to senior year so that is certainly trending in the right direction. I am less concerned about this than others.

Im just so excited about this pick. I truly think he will be a day 1 starter across from Pat Pete and will only continue to get better and better with NFL coaching. You do not find corners with his size, length, and intangibles that often. Dude’s knuckles drag across the floor when he walks around, his arms are literally comically long

On 4/28/2023 at 7:36 PM, warfelg said:

17 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

But he dropped his PI penalties from 6 to 2 from his junior to senior year so that is certainly trending in the right direction. I am less concerned about this than others.

this is good to know.  See how the nfl is with flags for PI.

Even if Porter breaks up passes and has a  low  QB rating when targeted, thats going to help the team. It might not be good for INT stats, but it will be much appreciated and the team will benefit. Much like a NT taking away the run, yet never going to the pro bowl or getting sacks and media hype. 

It could be that POrter takes out the WR2 and then the defence plays around that.  If he has allowed QB rating 60 yet no INT's, but another  CB has QB rating of 90 but 4 INT's, which helps the team overall more? As much as I like TO's, there is nothing wrong with shutting a   WR down and not getting INT's as much as other

6 hours ago, August4th said:

our secondary interceptions have gone up since we hired Austin. I believe we led the NFL in picks last yr and have been up there since 2019. I love the idea of Austin and Peterson coaching porter up and having tomlin/his dad in his corner can't hurt

We could get 10 INT's more this year, better pass rush, Patrick, Porter locking down a WR, Neal. Porter might have a few but as long as he locks down, then the QB HAS to throw elsewhere and the defence can slide coverage that way.  Minkah,  Patrick,  are you over there?