Which coordinator is more likely to get a HC gig?

Danger

Who is more likely gone?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more likely gone?

• OC Frank Reich
    • DC Jim Schwartz

Both the defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz for his tenacious D that can stuff any run and get consistent pressure, as well as Reich with his help in developing Carson Wentz and being Pederson's right hand man have head coaching prospectus. But, which is more likely to get a promotion somewhere? If so what team could you see them with.

Definitely Reich, he's a fresh face as a HC candidate. Schwartz had his shot and "failed." Wouldn't be surprised to see both get a job, and I might even say it's probable, but Schwartz will take a very specific FO to get hired. He's got a unique and strong personality that right off the bat isn't going to jive with many.

Not really sure about the openings so I won't speculate too much about where they go. 

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I would be surprised if Schwartz doesn't get an offer. But I would honestly be surprised if both of them don't get an offer. That said, most OC's that become HC's normally have been calling plays where as Reich hasn't been. Could be something teams look at.

Yea the no play calling will hold Reich back 

I wonder what Schwartz’s aspirations are at this point. Some people just wanna stick in their lane, especially with the last time not going so great.

I think it’d depend on the job for him. He had it pretty good here. He has no reason to jump at the first offer.

but we need to be prepared to lose both. So is the way of the league...I hope a long playoff run makes some teams go with someone else.

22 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yea the no play calling will hold Reich back 

I wonder what Schwartz’s aspirations are at this point. Some people just wanna stick in their lane, especially with the last time not going so great.

I think it’d depend on the job for him. He had it pretty good here. He has no reason to jump at the first offer.

but we need to be prepared to lose both. So is the way of the league...I hope a long playoff run makes some teams go with someone else.

schwarz also is free to do what he wants here he might just enjoy being able to focus on his own thing. 

8 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

schwarz also is free to do what he wants here he might just enjoy being able to focus on his own thing. 

Yea it’ll be hard to find a better situation. Has basically full autonomy, and doesn’t have to deal with all of the extra HC duties

I don't know how it's even close, Schwartz is likely gone. I think he's 1000 times the coordinator he is than a coach, but he'll get a 2nd chance somewhere. I think ultimately he'll fail again, because he's a hot head and his Lions teams always were the embodiment of him, no control, no discipline, no regard on the field and it killed them.

15 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't know how it's even close, Schwartz is likely gone. I think he's 1000 times the coordinator he is than a coach, but he'll get a 2nd chance somewhere. I think ultimately he'll fail again, because he's a hot head and his Lions teams always were the embodiment of him, no control, no discipline, no regard on the field and it killed them.

I honestly dont think he's qualified to be a head coach owners have to see that too right?

24 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I honestly dont think he's qualified to be a head coach owners have to see that too right?

Schwartz? He's plenty qualified. He was just really not good at it. 

He needs to stick at DC. You can see he can control 1 side of the ball, when he has to run a team it's chaos. It's like Wade Phillips. 

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

Schwartz? He's plenty qualified. He was just really not good at it. 

He needs to stick at DC. You can see he can control 1 side of the ball, when he has to run a team it's chaos. It's like Wade Phillips. 

Or Rex Ryan. It's one of the reasons why Owners might be hesitant?

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Or Rex Ryan. It's one of the reasons why Owners might be hesitant?

Those guys always get multiple chances to fail though. They think everyone will be the next Bill Belichick. Up and coming coordinator turned failed coach, turned great coordinator again who learned his lessons and turns it around.

I think Schwart will get an offer this offseason. Our defense has played well and people seem to generally like him. Not sure if its a good move for a team to give him another chnace, but I think it will happen.

Reich will get some interviews and will be an interesting case. He is a fresh face unlike Schwartz, but not calling plays will hurt him. However you see how McVay has worked out (helped Cousins along, left and has helped Goff). Someone who brings in a young QB could jump at him after hearing what he has done with Wentz.

Some interesting scenarios: does Schwartz get a job and bring DeFillipo as his OC? Could DeFillipo leave this offseason to be an OC if Reich is still onboard? Neither would suprise me. 

Archived