Jaguars promote rookie Carroll Phillips, release Calvin Pryor

.Buzz

11 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Sheldon Day was cut for this...

You’ve gotta be kidding me.

Sheldon Day with Dareus is a healthy scratch literally every week.

Edit: Not to say i didn't like Day but it has come out that he didnt fit the new scheme/what Hobby wants at DT. With Dareus, Malik, and Abry with Calais kicking inside on 3rd downs he isnt getting any run anytime soon. Plus we seem to really like Ankou who is more of a traditional guy inside.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Sheldon Day with Dareus is a healthy scratch literally every week.

Edit: Not to say i didn't like Day but it has come out that he didnt fit the new scheme/what Hobby wants at DT. With Dareus, Malik, and Abry with Calais kicking inside on 3rd downs he isnt getting any run anytime soon. Plus we seem to really like Ankou who is more of a traditional guy inside.

Phillips isn’t getting playing time over anyone either. Unless they think he can play SLB (and he can’t), I don’t get it.

Day is unequivocally better than Phillips, and Day fits the scheme long term, being able to be the pass rusher inside on the racecar packages we’re using, particularly more when Calais moves on.

8 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Phillips isn’t getting playing time over anyone either. Unless they think he can play SLB (and he can’t), I don’t get it.

Day is unequivocally better than Phillips, and Day fits the scheme long term, being able to be the pass rusher inside on the racecar packages we’re using, particularly more when Calais moves on.

Oh I agree that Day is better, I'm just saying that I don't see how he ever helps this team anytime soon with our interior DL situation. On top of that he doesnt seem like a scheme fit anymore.

23 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Also kinda frustrated that the justification for cutting Day for Pryor was “they must see something they like in Pryor, so trust them”. And now Pryor is gone two weeks later. So ??‍♀️

Agreed. Definitely don't like that at all. Feel like Day is someone that could be a great rotational piece on the DL for a while

17 hours ago, iPwn said:

Also kinda frustrated that the justification for cutting Day for Pryor was “they must see something they like in Pryor, so trust them”. And now Pryor is gone two weeks later. So ??‍♀️

Yeah.  I don't much care for this aspect of it.

Don't really care that deeply about bottom of roster guys who barely (if ever) see the field on any given week.  But it seemed like they were keeping Pryor over pretty decent other depth players for a reason...then pulled an about face and suddenly decided he wasn't important to keep anymore?  Kinda weird.

32 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I don't much care for this aspect of it.

Don't really care that deeply about bottom of roster guys who barely (if ever) see the field on any given week.  But it seemed like they were keeping Pryor over pretty decent other depth players for a reason...then pulled an about face and suddenly decided he wasn't important to keep anymore?  Kinda weird.

He might be insurance for McCray even tho phillips is a de. Without telvin and McCray would leave us with just 4 linebackers. 

Archived