Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

16 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

There are several teams that need a QB, one of those  that is a dark horse is the Cards, they have cap problems, Denver has the fifth overall pick, so they can either go for one of the young QB who drops to fifth or sign Cousins. There is a slight chance there might not be a bidding war for him, if three or four QB's go in the top five picks. I would say the real worry is that the Colts might trade that # 3 pick. The Colts are the key to whom will take.

I don’t know if you know this or not... but FA is 6 weeks before the draft.

44 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

A blank check huh? That reeks of desperation.. but I guess we should embrace that now.. lol

I was having a dicussion with a buddy who’s a skins fan last night. He was happy they aren’t paying Kirk but then the Alex Smith thing happened, so he’s miserable. His big reason for not wanting Cousins is he “can’t win big games”  which I figured was the result of a few heart breaks. I remember watching him fail to beat the Giants to make the playoffs two years ago. Then he told me to look up his prmetime stats... he’s 0-8 in prime time (with pedestrian numbers) and “can’t win big games”.. couple that with his overall record, even worse record against winning teams, and stats in the Meadowlands.... THATS why I don’t want to pay Cousins. You can come at me with the team sport and “Redskins incompetence/injuries” all day, but the Jets are just as incompetent a franchise. I don’t know how that doesn’t alarm some of you at all. 

At this point I’m just hoping he takes a little more than Jimmy G (who started WINNING games on a miserable 49ers roster) or he actually values winning as much as he says and finds a way to the Vikings/Jags/Broncos. Hopefully he chooses a destination a few days into free agency rather than taking over a week. That’d be miserable but hes going to take his time.

Gang Green see your point, I think the big worry we could come out of the FA period & the draft without a QB. Nothing would please me more than to have the Colts #3 pick in the draft. I just think the price would be to much to move up. There is nothing we can do now but wait. I think the big question is will Denver go after Cousins or take one of the young QB's in the draft. We must make that six pick work because we don't draft again till 37.

56 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t know if you know this or not... but FA is 6 weeks before the draft.

Of course I do, Denver has there choice , they either go for Cousins in the FA market or take one of the young QB's in the draft. If they take Cousins they still have their fifth pick in the draft, they are in much better position than we are. What would you do if you were Denver???

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Of course I do, Denver has there choice , they either go for Cousins in the FA market or take one of the young QB's in the draft. If they take Cousins they still have their fifth pick in the draft, they are in much better position than we are. What would you do if you were Denver???

Denver is in the exact same situation as us. We have more money than them and an OC that Cousins is familiar with that should help us big time. We also hold the 6th pick allowing us if we miss on Cousins to get a QB at 6. Denver has little cap room and has to create space to even try and get Cousins. They don’t have an OC Cousins is familiar with. What they do have is the 5th pick. That would guarantee them a top 3 QB in the draft atleast. Good thing for us is if we miss out on Cousins and he chooses Denver, we are than in position to get a top 3 QB this draft (baring a team trading up ahead of us).

At this point I give us a 70% chance of signing Cousins. And if we miss out on him a 90% Chance we get one of Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield or Allen in the draft (mainly the 1st 3).

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Denver is in the exact same situation as us. We have more money than them and an OC that Cousins is familiar with that should help us big time. We also hold the 6th pick allowing us if we miss on Cousins to get a QB at 6. Denver has little cap room and has to create space to even try and get Cousins. They don’t have an OC Cousins is familiar with. What they do have is the 5th pick. That would guarantee them a top 3 QB in the draft atleast. Good thing for us is if we miss out on Cousins and he chooses Denver, we are than in position to get a top 3 QB this draft (baring a team trading up ahead of us).

At this point I give us a 70% chance of signing Cousins. And if we miss out on him a 90% Chance we get one of Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield or Allen in the draft (mainly the 1st 3).

Of all the QB's that could drop to us it is probably Mayfield, which would be great, and there is a real possibility that could happen. I would say Mayfield is a 60-40% that he  falls to us. As much as Rosen is head and shoulders better than the rest he is only dream for me, I want that kid so bad.

Just now, doumeyer said:

Of all the QB's that could drop to us it is probably Mayfield, which would be great, and there is a real possibility that could happen. I would say Mayfield is a 60-40% that he  falls to us. As much as Rosen is head and shoulders better than the rest he is only dream for me, I want that kid so bad.

I’m actually not getting over too tangled up in the QB prospects quite yet, bc of how good our chances are of getting Cousins. I’ve scouted all of them. But I think our chances are very high to get Cousins therefor QB at 6 will not happen. I’m actually scouting Chubb, Barkley, Nelson and Ridley more.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m actually not getting over too tangled up in the QB prospects quite yet, bc of how good our chances are of getting Cousins. I’ve scouted all of them. But I think our chances are very high to get Cousins therefor QB at 6 will not happen. I’m actually scouting Chubb, Barkley, Nelson and Ridley more.

Ridley is very interesting point. He is a lot better than his stats. Alabama QB is not a very good passer he is a runner. Next to Callaway he is the best receiver in the draft. But there is no way we will touch Callaway he is nothing but trouble. Callaway should have been a first round pick, but he sure screwed that up. Down here in Florida we great for covering up crimes by our players.

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Ridley is very interesting point. He is a lot better than his stats. Alabama QB is not a very good passer he is a runner. Next to Callaway he is the best receiver in the draft. But there is no way we will touch Callaway he is nothing but trouble. Callaway should have been a first round pick, but he sure screwed that up. Down here in Florida we great for covering up crimes by our players.

Callaway wouldn’t be even close to a top WR even if he didn’t have off the field issues man. But that’s not what this subject is about so back to Cousins.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Callaway wouldn’t be even close to a top WR even if he didn’t have off the field issues man. But that’s not what this subject is about so back to Cousins.

You are dead wrong, Callaway was unstoppable as both a receiver or KO man when he played what makes you make a statement like that when you no nothing about him. Stick to your mock drafts. You picked the wrong guy to fight with.

34 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You are dead wrong, Callaway was unstoppable as both a receiver or KO man when he played what makes you make a statement like that when you no nothing about him. Stick to your mock drafts. You picked the wrong guy to fight with.

1st off that’s not how you debate with people. So watch it. 2nd if he’s so good provide stats showing so. I see a guy that hasn’t eclipsed over 730yds in a season and only had 7 TDs while being a starter for 2 full seasons. Let’s also talk about how he’s built like a high school sophomore at 5’11” 175lbs. And that’s not even including his issues including sexual assault and marijuana, that oh by the way made him miss the whole 20-7 season. And he’s so arrogant that he still declared for the draft. Care to tell me how he’s the best WR in the nation?!?!

You were the one saying he wasn’t the best receiver in the nation. I’m just pointing out how false that is. Does he have speed and quickness? Absolutely. But to call him the best WR in the nation is laughable. Especially when he probably won’t even get drafted regardless of his 40 time and all.

It's crazy that we're less than a month away from free agency. This time of the year in which sports are super slow, even the tiniest bit of NFL news excites me. Jets are willing to pay whatever it takes for Cousins, Norwell unlikely to get tagged, you can see how the pieces could fall in place for us. Robinson is likely to get tagged, that leaves Landry as the top WR on the market.

It's not even funny how much I want Cousins on the team.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

1st off that’s not how you debate with people. So watch it. 2nd if he’s so good provide stats showing so. I see a guy that hasn’t eclipsed over 730yds in a season and only had 7 TDs while being a starter for 2 full seasons. Let’s also talk about how he’s built like a high school sophomore at 5’11” 175lbs. And that’s not even including his issues including sexual assault and marijuana, that oh by the way made him miss the whole 20-7 season. And he’s so arrogant that he still declared for the draft. Care to tell me how he’s the best WR in the nation?!?!

You were the one saying he wasn’t the best receiver in the nation. I’m just pointing out how false that is. Does he have speed and quickness? Absolutely. But to call him the best WR in the nation is laughable. Especially when he probably won’t even get drafted regardless of his 40 time and all.

Callaway is 5-11 197#, he has every talent you want in a WR ,except from the neck up. He played with horrible QB's at Florida, that is well documented. No way he has high school body he is very difficult to bring in the open field.. All the scouts said he should have been a first round pick if he wasn't such a head case. 

Archived