Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

11 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Cousins has already removed all references to the Redskins from his twitter account. 

League sources believe the Jets and Broncos are the two primary teams who will compete for his services if he reaches the open market. 

This is my thinking. And we have to sell him what we will do with the remaining cap space and draft picks to convince him to come to NY. Bc on paper Denver should be the obvious choice for him. Winning franchise. Have more pieces in place on offense and a top defense. It’s gonna be hard to convince him but I hope we go all in on trying.

16 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Lol at Kirk Cousins being overrated when he has been elite for the past 3 years

“Elite” QBs elevate the team and can carry the roster to the playoffs regardless of the talent on the team. Cousins is a level below that.

Hes a good-great QB but he needs talent around him and he’s already 30? Not every QB is going keep a high level of play to 40. I’d bring him in for a fair price with the realization we have only a 4 year window or so to win it all, but I would prefer to go via the draft.

what I would not do is just throw any amount of money at the guy to bring him in. With a few playoff wins under his belt this might be a completely different conversation, he probably wouldn’t even be leaving Washington.

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

“Elite” QBs elevate the team and can carry the roster to the playoffs regardless of the talent on the team. Cousins is a level below that.

Hes a good-great QB but he needs talent around him and he’s already 30? Not every QB is going keep a high level of play to 40. I’d bring him in for a fair price with the realization we have only a 4 year window or so to win it all, but I would prefer to go via the draft.

what I would not do is just throw any amount of money at the guy to bring him in. With a few playoff wins under his belt this might be a completely different conversation, he probably wouldn’t even be leaving Washington.

I'm all for the Jets being aggressive when going after Cousins. 

But I agree with you on him not being elite. I would only put Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson in that category. Take those QB's off their team and they will bomb. We saw that with GB this year. 

Cousins is below that group with Stafford, Wentz, etc. Those guys need players around them.

On 1/1/2018 at 10:39 AM, Jag68Sid87 said:

No thanks to overspending for an overrated QB like Cousins.

Where do you have him rated? Most people seem to be putting him in the Stafford category. Are you saying the Stafford comparisons are not a fair comparison? 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This is my thinking. And we have to sell him what we will do with the remaining cap space and draft picks to convince him to come to NY. Bc on paper Denver should be the obvious choice for him. Winning franchise. Have more pieces in place on offense and a top defense. It’s gonna be hard to convince him but I hope we go all in on trying.

Older team with little cap flexibility and a lot of top tier players becoming FAs in 2019. I’d give Denver the edge because of what you said, but if Kirk is looking for a team best set up for long-term success, it’s honestly us. 

32 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Elite or a level below elite, I don't care

Either way, just by stepping onto the field, he would already be the best QB to ever put on our uniform

Who cares that he's thirty? He started playing when he was 27, not 22

End this 60+ year drought of never having a QB on a New York Jets roster and build around the best QB to hit the market since God knows when

19 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Elite or a level below elite, I don't care

Either way, just by stepping onto the field, he would already be the best QB to ever put on our uniform

Who cares that he's thirty? He started playing when he was 27, not 22

End this 60+ year drought of never having a QB on a New York Jets roster and build around the best QB to hit the market since God knows when

Also, good QB's can stay elite into their mid 30's, no problem.

6 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

The same fans who are saying they don't want to overpay for Cousins are going to be the same ones complaining that we still don't have a QB when we draft Josh Allen and he busts.

We won't even be able to get Allen ! :S

Archived