Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

6 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Open up a 2nd tab and type in the google search " Dinner options" . Click on that every time she walk by. 

And to think I have been on this site since 2005...this was the most brilliant thing every written. You my friend, just get it. 

18 hours ago, Dr.O said:

If I had to guess I think our QB room will be Baker/McCown/Hack. Nothing wrong with that think McCown would have a good effect on a rookie in terms of preparation.

How so though? What qb has flourished since being in McCown’s qb room? 

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

What would be genius of Macc to do is right at 4pm in a week go hard after and get a WR, OC and OG to where before Cousins visits we’ve already big time upgraded the offense. So we’d than be able to offer him money AND a better roster.

Those moves would sure plug a lot of the serious holes we have in the roster. Mac"s record for getting FA's has been outstanding to bad his drafting is not that good. But we will see how he does this year with his first three picks in the draft. After that he still has that third round pick. This is my thinking is we get Cousins. One of my second round picks would be the TE from PENN ST. Mike Gesicki, this kid looked great in the combines. He could be gone after our first round pick. Right now I don't know who I want at 6 yet. All this is predicated on getting Cousins, or Bridgewater.

My biggest fears of staying at 6:

- Broncos sign Keenum and trade with Bills for 21, 22, Glenn, 2019 pick

- Broncos trade with Bills for 21, 22, Glenn, Tyrod

- Broncos trade with Dolphins for 11 + Tannehill

- Colts trade with Dolphins for 11, Landry, 2019 pick

If I need to watch a division rival get the QB we want you may find me hanging from a chandelier.

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Open up a 2nd tab and type in the google search " Dinner options" . Click on that every time she walk by. 

If Douymer wasnt such an early bird this would be all the more viable. xD

27 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

My biggest fears of staying at 6:

- Broncos sign Keenum and trade with Bills for 21, 22, Glenn, 2019 pick

- Broncos trade with Bills for 21, 22, Glenn, Tyrod

- Broncos trade with Dolphins for 11 + Tannehill

- Colts trade with Dolphins for 11, Landry, 2019 pick

If I need to watch a division rival get the QB we want you may find me hanging from a chandelier.

I’d actually love that. I’d love to see them give up the future. I don’t see any QB this year overly great. So whoever they’d trade up for, I wouldn’t think it’s worth it.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d actually love that. I’d love to see them give up the future. I don’t see any QB this year overly great. So whoever they’d trade up for, I wouldn’t think it’s worth it.

How can you not see there are some really good QB out there. What every you are looking for in a QB is there.

The guy with the "it" factor  Mayfield

The guy with the size and cannon for an arm  Allen

The guy that can run all over the place Jackson

The guy who is the ready to go and looks to be a very good QB Rosen

The guy who tops all these ones Darnald.

If you are not excited about these QB in the draft then you will never be excited about any QB in the draft.

10 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

How can you not see there are some really good QB out there. What every you are looking for in a QB is there.

The guy with the "it" factor  Mayfield

The guy with the size and cannon for an arm  Allen

The guy that can run all over the place Jackson

The guy who is the ready to go and looks to be a very good QB Rosen

The guy who tops all these ones Darnald.

If you are not excited about these QB in the draft then you will never be excited about any QB in the draft.

That’s a very optimistic view.

To play the other side...

Darnold led FBS in turnovers.

Rosen is an injury risk as well as his passion for the game is questionable.

Allen has accuracy issues and struggles big time against any legit competition he faced in college.

Mayfield has ego issues and has no humility to go along with his small size.

Jackson has accuracy issues.

Yes every QB in the draft has its issues. But this year it seems like there’s WAY bigger question marks with these guys. Probably why so many peoples QB rankings vary.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s a very optimistic view.

To play the other side...

Darnold led FBS in turnovers.

Rosen is an injury risk as well as his passion for the game is questionable.

Allen has accuracy issues and struggles big time against any legit competition he faced in college.

Mayfield has ego issues and has no humility to go along with his small size.

Jackson has accuracy issues.

Yes every QB in the draft has its issues. But this year it seems like there’s WAY bigger question marks with these guys. Probably why so many peoples QB rankings vary.

We could do this with Cousins coming out too, his scouting reports had more red flags than any of these guys.  Not elite arm strength, inconsistent accuracy, takes to many chances that result in picks.

Darnold toned down the picks once he realized he no longer had guys that could win contested balls, his fumbling is a real issue I'll grant that

Rosen his injury risk is really the only one that scares me.  All of his teammates have been backing him big time.

Allen looks accurate in the workouts and senior bowl so far, but ya his accuracy and lack of nuance scares me a bit.

Mayfield seems to suffer none of the problems that go with being shorter.  Barely ever gets balls batted down, and seems to have no problem seeing over the line to find his guys.  As far as humility, I love it.  I think our QB selections have had far to much humility.  How many times have we seen any of Hack, Petty, Geno, or Sanchez get fired up and really lead a team?  Pick the humble guy out of these names Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, good QB's have that swagger.  The crotch grabbing might not be necessary but I think he will get that under control.

Jackson's accuracy issues are vastly overblown imo.  Does he make the occasional bad throw?  Sure but so do the other guys.  When you look at his actual numbers he is right there as a passer statistically with all of the guys other than Baker.  Yards per attempt 2nd behind Baker, Int rate 2nd behind Baker, TD rate 2nd behind Baker, drop % 1st he had the most dropped balls, Adjusted comp % 3rd a fair bit behind Baker and almost tied with Rosen... but ahead of Darnold and Allen, YAC % 4th.... only Allen got less help from yards after catch..... oh and he had 500 more rushing yards than the RB that is about to go top 5 and that is WITH sack yardage counting against his rushing stats unlike in the NFL.

This is an absolutely great class.  Passing on this class is the same as taking Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans, and (luckily) Q in the best WR draft in recent memory.

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

How so though? What qb has flourished since being in McCown’s qb room? 

What good QB's has he ever mentored though?  Manziel?  McCown isn't going to make or break the development of the young QB so I get where you're coming from.  The OC and QB coach putting him in position to succeed and the GM surrounding him with talent will.  It doesn't hurt to have a veteran 3rd string guy though that knows how to prepare for a season for the young guys to lean on.  

9 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

What good QB's has he ever mentored though?  Manziel?  McCown isn't going to make or break the development of the young QB so I get where you're coming from.  The OC and QB coach putting him in position to succeed and the GM surrounding him with talent will.  It doesn't hurt to have a veteran 3rd string guy though that knows how to prepare for a season for the young guys to lean on.  

I'll take this point further.  What good QB has ever been mentored.... by anyone.  Favre would barely talk to Rodgers, Montana and Young had a dicey relationship.  I mean I know Burnell turned Sanchez into a superstar but other than that lol.

1 minute ago, rampantjet said:

I'll take this point further.  What good QB has ever been mentored.... by anyone.  Favre would barely talk to Rodgers, Montana and Young had a dicey relationship.  I mean I know Burnell turned Sanchez into a superstar but other than that lol.

McCown just needs to do his thing, lead by example.  He won't have to coach him up.  I'm sure there are plenty of examples where young QB's talked with veterans and watched them or asked them questions.

I agree it's overblown the whole mentor thing but it's also doesn't hurt either.  McCown is a good guys and has already said he would love to help the young guys.  You need those types of guys on young rosters in general not specifically to mentor young QB just overall.  They are good for locker rooms.

Archived