Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

40 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If we move on from Bowles I'd love to bring In Pete Carmichael or Mike Vrabel as next HC

Omg nooo to Mike Vrabel. Texans fans are going ape$#!T with him as their DC. If we fire Bowles it is time to hire a HC w experience. No more first timers. When is the last time we hired a HC with experience? Bill Effing Parcells. Thats unacceptable. 

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Omg nooo to Mike Vrabel. Texans fans are going ape$#!T with him as their DC. If we fire Bowles it is time to hire a HC w experience. No more first timers. When is the last time we hired a HC with experience? Bill Effing Parcells. Thats unacceptable. 

It won't be easy as many teams like to hire "next generation" guy.  I agree with coach with some HC experience is needed for  a change.   Eyeing on Bill O'Brien.  Trying hard on Jim Harbargh. Holding my breath on Gary Kubiak and Norv Turner.

Just now, JetsandI said:

It won't be easy as many teams like to hire "next generation" guy.  I agree with coach with some HC experience is needed for  a change.   Eyeing on Bill O'Brien.  Trying hard on Jim Harbargh. Holding my breath on Gary Kubiak and Norv Turner.

All would be major upgrades. BOB would be a great fit here. THe only one that I dont love is obviously Norv, who has really not had success with some talented teams. 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I want Pat Shurmur.

Ah.. Mike Holmgren. Developed 2 separate teams into a solid teams on his resume but Jimmy Haslam said goodbye to him. I wonder if John Dorsey will actually break the curse for Browns. I would be so jealous if he did it.

Some good news for Jets fans who are hoping for Cousins... it sounds like Vance Joseph may be one-and-done in Denver. I get the sense they are preparing for fresh rebuild. The same is going on in Arizona with Arians likely stepping away. 

Kirk Cousins believes in continuity and wants a team that is built prepared to win now and well into the future... 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Some good news for Jets fans who are hoping for Cousins... it sounds like Vance Joseph may be one-and-done in Denver. I get the sense they are preparing for fresh rebuild. The same is going on in Arizona with Arians likely stepping away. 

Kirk Cousins believes in continuity and wants a team that is built prepared to win now and well into the future... 

I'd be surprised not to land him at this point. It seems like a match made in football heaven given our coaching timeline, money available, and structure of team. Give me Cousins and Jensen and I'm a happy man.

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'd be surprised not to land him at this point. It seems like a match made in football heaven given our coaching timeline, money available, and structure of team. Give me Cousins and Jensen and I'm a happy man.

Agree we should have a legitimate shot, but he can still return to Washington as crazy as it sounds. They may be dumb enough to franchise tag him again and it's even possible they transition and match any offer. Buffalo Bills will be in the mix too. 

I think most likely situation will be he's transition-tagged and a team may get creative offer him a contract with an opt-out after year 1, kind of like Jacksonville in year one. If WAS matched, it would allow Kirk to opt out of the contract. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I was getting ready to complain about Cousins numbers, but then I realized that I can't identify anyone on that offense. Reed is never on the field and Crowder's name shows up every once in a while, but I don't recognize anyone else. 

Besides, he threw the game to deter Washington... bring him in Macc, we need a real QB. 

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I was getting ready to complain about Cousins numbers, but then I realized that I can't identify anyone on that offense. Reed is never on the field and Crowder's name shows up every once in a while, but I don't recognize anyone else. 

Let's be honest.  We don't really have big names on offense here.  The Redskins' fans are likely saying the same about us.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Let's be honest.  We don't really have big names on offense here.  The Redskins' fans are likely saying the same about us.

True, but Anderson almost had 1k (would have hit if McCown was healthy) and Enunwa almost did it with Fiz throwing more bounce passes than Magic Johnson. THem with Cousins could be nice. They have Cousins and no targets, we have solid targets but no Cousins. lol

Just now, rickyt31 said:

True, but Anderson almost had 1k (would have hit if McCown was healthy) and Enunwa almost did it with Fiz throwing more bounce passes than Magic Johnson. THem with Cousins could be nice. They have Cousins and no targets, we have solid targets but no Cousins. lol

Crowder had 750+ in 14 games.  Either way, I'm cool with Cousins.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

Crowder had 750+ in 14 games.  Either way, I'm cool with Cousins.

OKay, I was looking at the season total. Didn't realize he missed games. I would be cool with Cousins. If we end up with the #5 pick, it could be really interesting to see what direction we end up going. 

Archived